Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Nov 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Finally got Tesco refund yesterday!
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bristol43
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

For anyone still waiting to hear from Halifax, I called today and was transferred to the disputes team and spoke to the handler dealing with my claim. I called initially on the 23rd September and sent proof of my flights on the 30th Oct. He has settled my claim today and payment should be refunded in 3-5 days. He did say that my claim was due to be looked at around now anyway, so this should give an idea of timescales.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bristol43 View Post
For anyone still waiting to hear from Halifax, I called today and was transferred to the disputes team and spoke to the handler dealing with my claim. I called initially on the 23rd September and sent proof of my flights on the 30th Oct. He has settled my claim today and payment should be refunded in 3-5 days. He did say that my claim was due to be looked at around now anyway, so this should give an idea of timescales.
I submitted my claim on sept 23rd too and sent my paperwork on october 21st and still have heard nothing! I was going to wait until a week on Monday when the 45 working days was up and then chase.
Did they mention that the refund would be frozen for a certain time in case Thomas cook dispute it?!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bristol43
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

They said that it could be open to dispute and reclaim within 45 day by TC, but indicated very unlikely. I would call them and ask to speak to the dispute team. I got a little fed up waiting and rang them yesterday.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
They said that it could be open to dispute and reclaim within 45 day by TC, but indicated very unlikely. I would call them and ask to speak to the dispute team. I got a little fed up waiting and rang them yesterday.
I have called regularly and even opened a complaint but still told I have to wait for the 45 working days to be up! I might call again next week though.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We phoned up Barclaycard on weds to see if our claim was near completion and we were told that it was taking so long because we’d put in an oop expenses claim and that the flights had been okayed but the expenses were taking the time. Yesterday we were refunded just the original cost of the flights.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
I got through today and mine will be credited in 3-5 working days now. They also mentioned the 45 days for TC to challenge but I don’t fully understand...my account will be in credit now once this appears, does that mean I cannot transfer the money?
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I spoke to Halifax today and they told me they only have 1-2 people in section 75 working on TC claims. Plus only open Monday to Friday.

8 weeks since putting claim in and no further forward.
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I got through today and mine will be credited in 3-5 working days now. They also mentioned the 45 days for TC to challenge but I don’t fully understand...my account will be in credit now once this appears, does that mean I cannot transfer the money?
The 45 days for TC to challenge is standard under the legislation and your card provider has an obligation to give you this information. Obviously in TC case no one will be challenging. Regardless you can still transfer the money.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Tesco refunded my money - requested transfer to my bank.

Just waiting to hear about my second claim for consequential loses (e.g. money back for rebooking my flights at higher cost / airport hotel etc)

Success!

Tesco phoned today to confirm they are paying my section 75 claim for increased flight costs AND overnight hotel accommodation at Gatwick into my bank account in the next 7 days

Edited at 01:59 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List