Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Oct 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
My daughter applied on 1st May and her CA took exactly 16 weeks. There is/was still a backlog from the shutdown at Xmas.
we appplied the first week of June and still waiting...around the 126 day mark now! :O
Thought that would be plenty time to get an interview while we were there in Sept, but how wrong was i!
we are going back in January, so really hope it will come through by then!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
we appplied the first week of June and still waiting...around the 126 day mark now! :O
Thought that would be plenty time to get an interview while we were there in Sept, but how wrong was i!
we are going back in January, so really hope it will come through by then!
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
My daughter applied on 1st May and her CA took exactly 16 weeks. There is/was still a backlog from the shutdown at Xmas.
Hi
Thank you both, had read that the average time was now 20 weeks. As MSE says “good decision, poor outcome. It would also appear there’s no appointments in the near future for MCO or SFB. My DN told me that he saw Enrolment on Arrival at Dublin a week ago. Nothing on the CBP site so could be he misread the sign but I’m ever hopeful.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just an update with our application - conditional approval came through on Friday- 164 days after applying! 😮 We are going on January but the only airport with interviews times available was miami, so looks like a road trip to there! Orlando, Sanford, Tampa all had none available and the other airports were April.
Will keep checking tho in case something pops up
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We asked every immigration officer we met on our walk from the plane to the immigration hall, hoping they would take us to a different line, but they were all insistent that we had to enter by queueing for admission in the normal way, then going for our interview after that, so it actually took longer than a normal immigration. There were about 4 officers on that day and it took ages to get through, then we were taken to another room for the interview and had another wait where we listened to 4 officers chat about their vacations (obviously no supervisor around), eventually we were taken and fingerprinted, asked to confirm all our information, home address, employers etc. We got our email later that night.

That was April, just after the end of the shutdown. There were lots of slots available to return for our interview but they told us the slot we had booked would be automatically cancelled, since we had done it on arrival.
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

Am I missing something new here, I have never heard of these Global entry on Arrival interviews, does everyone have to do one.?
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
Am I missing something new here, I have never heard of these Global entry on Arrival interviews, does everyone have to do one.?
Hi. It's for people who have applied and paid for the Global Entry process. Basically it cuts the entire Immigration line out of the equation but you have to have and pay for Home Office clearance then CBP in America clearance. After all that an interview.

We have done it but most on here haven't and don't need to either. Hope that helps

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DIL had a interview booked for Wednesday last week she asked when she arrived and was taken straight to the global entry desk DS travels on a Visa she had her interview collected the bags and picked up the hire car and DS was still 40 mins behind her before he got to the Alamo garage yesterday when they went home she sailed through security and was waiting for him in Outback for half an hour
Always worth asking at arrivals but have a back up appointment arranged and apply in plenty time
Gs1 he's 3 his application came through in 5 weeks his inter view he arrived with Dzh who has it was what's your name who is this where are you going I'm sure the officer expected him to say see Mickey the reply was to Grampa house with the pool 2mins and email conformation the next morning
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We paid in August - still waiting for clearance before we can book an interview. At this rate we will have been back 3 times before we can use it!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

For those of you that have it - do you feel it is worth it?
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
For those of you that have it - do you feel it is worth it?
we are in process of applying, think if you go regular its worth it, we go 3 times a year now, def will be for us
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List