Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toffeeman0 View Post
Loved your trip report, I read it over xmas and was gutted when it finished.
I see from your tag you are going to Chicago. Make sure you go on the architectural cruise. It was fantastic !
Glad you enjoyed it - we loved that trip. Thanks for Chicago tip - I’ll add that to the list.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your tips,
It was a fantastic trip and stuck to my plan, Did everything and more.
It was HOT HOT HOT but manageable and wouldn't stop me going again in July
Houston:
Traffic was an absolute nightmare.
Space centre was a bit of a let down due to mainly the staff didn't really know what was happening. It was as if they were all students on there first day.
Dallas, Not much to see and do after JFK museum and tour which was fantastic.
Southfork was great (even though I personally never liked or watched Dallas my wife loved it).
Fort Worth, Loved it especially the stockyards.
Austin, My personnel favourite.
Bike tours, Capital tour, BBQ (Terry Blacks).
Rainey street was my favourite nigh time destination.
One night we even managed to bump into Dennis Quaid in the bar next to our AirBnB.
New Braunfells, Tubing on the river is definitely a bucket list thing to do again. But beware when stepping in the river them rocks are very slippy and I damaged my knee, (still hurts now).
San Antonio was good but way too humid.
Saw about 5 concerts while we were there.
If you go to White water for a concert beware there is absolutely no phone signal to order an Uber so take a car.
And Visit a Bucees Interstate service station they are mahooooosive!
We May Even Go Back Next Year
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

So glad you had a good time - we’d love to go back. Are you doing a trip report?
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
So glad you had a good time - we’d love to go back. Are you doing a trip report?
Sadly no trip report. I do love a good report as well but I don't think id have the patience to do it
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell12
Excited about Disney

Thank you ToffeeMan - The info you provided has given me a really good starting point.

So pleased you've had a nice time - I think its a pretty good sign you've had a good holiday if you want to go back!

Off to read CrsipyA' report next. Sounds like I don't need long in Dallas & more in Fort Worth & Austin :-)

2023 TENNESSEE, NORTH & SOUTH CAROLINA & GEORGIA, 2022 DisneyWorld (Windsor Hills), 2018 COLORADO, 2017 DisneyWorld, 2016 DisneyWorld (Formosa Gardens), 2015 DisneyWorld & Universal, 2003 Universal & MIAMI, 2000 CALIFORNIA, 1998 CALIFORNIA, UTAH & NEVADA
Tinkerbell12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

We visited Texas in September this year (Houston, Galveston Island, San Antonio, San Marcos and Austin over 3 weeks). We loved it and there were so many things to do and places to see it was exciting. The whole of Texas highways looked as though they were being upgraded as there were roadworks everywhere and they do drive very fast but with our very good SatNav we didn’t get lost. Our favourites were San Antonio, then Austin. I wouldn’t hurry back to Galveston.
Their sales tax is higher than Florida (8.75%) so a bit more expensive.
So glad we visited as it was on our bucket list and well worth seeing.
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell12 View Post
Thank you ToffeeMan - The info you provided has given me a really good starting point.

So pleased you've had a nice time - I think its a pretty good sign you've had a good holiday if you want to go back!

Off to read CrsipyA' report next. Sounds like I don't need long in Dallas & more in Fort Worth & Austin :-)
We have since decided, WE ARE GOING BACK.All booked for next July!
There is still so many things we want to do and also things we want to do again. The night life is unbeatable for anyone with a liking for live music. Particullaly country music.
If you do go to Dallas it is a good day dont get me wrong just wasnt a lot we wanted to see there other than the JFK tour and also we spent a morning at southfork which is always on a 40/50 somethings must see.
I must admit i also love driving the Dodge Ram pick up as well

Edited at 01:33 PM.
toffeeman0 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List