Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Nov 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

DLP vs. Eftling

Looking to go away Feb half term and not sure which to go for.

We've done DLP and had a really lovely time, however the major drawbacks are the cost of it and the hotel room configuration. Last time we stayed at Davey Crockett and that was fine, but we didn't like having to drive into the parks and would rather be able to drive or walk. We have 2 kids who are boy/girl and not able to share a bed. I really don't understand why so many hotels have a 2 double bed configuration, it must be a pain for most families? Eftling have a double and bunks or twins in most of their accommodation which is a big plus. Never been to Eftling and worried it won't be as magic as DLP which exceeded my expectations. I want that total hedonistic bubble that Disney is so good at providing.

Anyone been to both and able to give me a comparison? Or is there another European park I'm not considering? Wish Florida was closer!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

We really enjoyed Efteling, we stayed onsite and visited the park for two days. It is a really special place with quite a unique vibe and atmosphere. Some great rides and we found it quite a relaxing place (for a theme park!).

However I wouldn't say it will give you that 'Disney bubble' feeling as it isn't on the same scale. Having said that I would definitely recommend a trip!

Regarding bed configuration at DLP - you can book a room at Cheyenne with one double and two singles, if that helps? Or perhaps that confuses matters more!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I would recommend Efteling it is a great park and very well themed. We had a great holiday there this year. on a par to DLP.

Have look at Europa Park as this is often voted one of the best parks in Europe and is also great in my opinion well themed and great selection of rides ( but hotels can be expensive ) but usually have a double bed and bunk beds.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks guys, I will look at Cheyenne as double and 2 singles is what we're after and look at Europa, not heard of that before! Eftling is definitely a contender then. Very much a first world problem but I don't know what to do, I've got a stressful couple of months coming up and really want a super relaxing few days to look forward to.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Sorry just checked Europa Park and it is not open during Feb.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Europa Park is fab, but sadly it will be closed in Feb half term. Certainly worth looking at for a summer trip sometime though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh well, that narrows it down again.
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Eftling booked - a few hundred pounds less, much nicer looking accommodation, something different. Exciting times.
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
However I wouldn't say it will give you that 'Disney bubble' feeling as it isn't on the same scale.
I would have to disagree- we found Efteling pretty magical, from walking into the park beneath the giant Lord of the Rings style wicker structure, to discovering the little fairytale touches in the hotel room, to riding traditional animatronic-filled dark rides! You will have a magical time
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to hearing about your trip and how you compare the two parks if you don’t mind updating us on your return?

We have 4 days in DLP booked next month, and 4 days in Efteling next May 😊
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List