Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 Nov 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Efteling is delightful, you'll have a fantastic time! We've been to DLP, and loved it as well, but I definitely left my heart in Efteling... We spent 2 long summer days in Efteling, and I dare say could have quite easily have spent a third day had we opted for a more leisurely pace. My daughter was 9 at the time and enjoyed it all - the dark rides and the more thrilling rides as well as the enchanting forest. The park is visually stunning and the atmosphere is magical, yet relaxing. The food and snacks in the park were all decent, and very reasonable price-wise for a theme park. I can definitely see us going back to Efteling at some point in the future!
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post

we went to DLP in 2015, stayed in the DLH for 4 nights, right next to the parks, lovely hotel, yes the parks could have been in WDW, the theming is great, but it just falls down with the french and european attitude, the customer service is poor, manners of people are lacking and smoking while waiting for rides, it really was a 2nd rate disney experience for us, we will not go back

so we took a risk and went to Efteling this Aug, now it was a risk

We spent a few nights Amsterdam and had a ok time, then drove down to Efteling

We arrived at the Efteling hotel, WOW, it looks great, very disney-castle-like

So we parked up, went in and checked in, the staff were fantastic, polite, friendly and dare i say, very disney-like
we put out cases in the room headed to the park, its a 5 min walk to the hotels own entrance, we rode BOB and then had a bite to eat, back to the room

Up for breakfast and that was great, a buffet type of affair, not chef mickey or Ohana, but it was nice enough, nice clean place, food was good, staff on the ball, we ate quickly and of to the extra 1/2 hour hotel guest access

We stayed for 3 nights and 3 full day ( with a 2 hour day the 1st day as a extra )

The park was wonderfull, sure we didnt understand some of the rides intro's, sure its spread out and some a little dated ( it appears many loved that ) BUT the staff were great, the park spotless, the main rides were great, we never saw 1 ride " technical " in them 3 days
Themepark costs can be pricey, we found the food and drink prices very good, they lacked a Veggie option in some places, but hey ho, we worked it out
Smoking really is frowned upon in the park, they have area's and the staff make sure they stick to them, which is great, take note DLP

Most staff spoke English and were very welcoming

the local town has a few supermarkets, we used " Jumbo " and " Albert Heijn " for snacks and some drinks, but if we did it again, we wouldnt bother, the park prices were acceptable

The show Caro is a nice evening out, a chance to get dressed up and have a drink

The end of evening water show really needs to be seen in the dark, it works ok in the light, but you know it would be better in the dark

We came home and said we would return, we did look at christmas time this year, but decided on staying home, we loved the Hotel, but next time fancy to try Bosrijk Village

Efteling was closer to disney ( WDW ) than DLP will ever be, it shone in so many ways, we use the word Magical for disney fairly often, we love WDW, honestly, Efteling is so very close to being just as magical
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I also left my heart in Efteling such a magical place. If you want to see it all fully I'd say 2-3 days xx
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
Hi Matt we have reduced price ticket offer for Caro as staying on site, what is it like? Haven't decided whether to book.as show times are early, 6.30 so.wasnt sure of it was for little kids ?
yes we had the reduced prices aswell, as we stayed in the Hotel

Pretty sure our show time was 6.30 aswell

Its a bit of fun for the whole family, will suit all ages, dont expect a broadway show, buts its decent enough

they sell popcorn in the foyer for 2 euro's have a few flashing spinning things for youngsters,

for the money its well worth it
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Matt we have reduced price ticket offer for Caro as staying on site, what is it like? Haven't decided whether to book.as show times are early, 6.30 so.wasnt sure of it was for little kids ?
also depends on how long you are at Efteling, if it was only 2 days, i might not see Caro as you can spend that time riding the rides, if its anymore than 2, go for it
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

We are there Friday to Monday
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

We are there Friday to Monday
I would do it then
Old 5 Nov 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jen10
Excited about Disney

I would really recommend the show, its got a bit of everything in it, great music and lots of laughter / slapstick comedy so my kids loved it too.
jen10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I have teens though.so will they like it?
Old 7 Nov 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I have teens though.so will they like it?
The audience was full of a mix of ages, i have just asked both my 12 and 16yr old daughters would they do Caro again

12 yr old == Yes it was fun

16yr == Ummmm Yes it was a laugh

so both of mine say yes