Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Nov 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

The Boston idea is good. Boston was great. How about a split-stay? Couple of nights in Philly to see the good bits, then train up to Boston?
Old 14 Nov 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Apologies for hijacking the thread OP. We are hoping to go to DC next year and are thinking of 3 nights there then 1 night in Chincoteague to see the wild ponies then either going back to DC for our last night but now thinking of 1 night in Philadelphia and flying back from there instead. Interesting to read you can visit the main attractions in only 1 day/night. Would this be doable? We don’t mind driving either!
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
thinking of 1 night in Philadelphia and flying back from there instead. Interesting to read you can visit the main attractions in only 1 day/night. Would this be doable? We don’t mind driving either!
Most definitely and you can walk to most of them from one base - I wouldn’t want to leave a car unattended with my luggage in tho in Philadelphia unless it was a secure attended facility (even then I would be nervous)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Most definitely and you can walk to most of them from one base - I wouldn’t want to leave a car unattended with my luggage in tho in Philadelphia unless it was a secure attended facility (even then I would be nervous)
Ok great. We would stay for 1 night hopefully somewhere central, check in then go exploring. The flight home will prob be the following evening so will have some of going home day too

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thankyou for the replies. We are now switching our break to Boston. Seems more appealing to our tastes. Thanks again!
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shysarah View Post
Thankyou for the replies. We are now switching our break to Boston. Seems more appealing to our tastes. Thanks again!
Boston is a far nicer city, I think you made a great choice to do that.
Old 15 Nov 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Not sure about all the hate for Philidephia? Where did you guys stay and visit? lol.

OP...we have been to all the cities mentioned and many more. Boston, DC, NY, Cleveland, Pittsburg...you name it we have been there. Philly is lovely and my wife would say its her favourite out of them.

Stay at the Hilton Penn Landing and you will get amazing views, a wonderful riverside vibe with multiude of small eating outlets. You can walk to the historical sites. Never felt it was run down. Great museums and sites to visit. The penitentiary was a great visit too and the hotel provides free shuttles to anywhere in the city or you can use the cheap bus system that stops near the hotel.

Please dont be put off Philly...its a great place to visit. Boston is nice, a fair amount to see. If you had been to neither of them then go Philly.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Boston is a far nicer city, I think you made a great choice to do that.
Agreed ! You will love Boston and you can get a boat from there to visit some amazing and different towns for day trips 👌
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List