Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Trasky196
Getting to know the DIBB

Dual Sim Phone (2nd sim)

Hi all, i'm heading out to Orlando in a couple of weeks and as i have a dual sim Samsung Galaxy phone i was thinking of buying a US sim card over there to put into my second sim slot, i was just wondering if many here use or have used a US sim while over there in the past and which would be the one you recommend? i'll be using it mainly for data so i can check in and post a pic or two on facebook, twitter, that type of thing, cheers in advance 👍
Trasky196 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have a dual SIM phone but the other slot is taken by my sd card on holiday. I did look into getting a US card just for use but just ended up using the free WiFi most places and in the villa.

I would be interested in how you get on as we will be going more off grid next year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

A few years back we used Red Pocket Mobile Sim cards, they seemed to work OK. Good for local calls and data, not good for phoning the UK.

For the last few years we have just been using our UK Three mobile Sim cards.

Never had a dual sim phone, obviously need to ensure that the phone is fully unlocked !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

When we were in Florida last month we bought a T.Mobile sim and it was pretty much useless!
We were staying around the US27 area and we were unable to get data or make phone calls.
During the holiday we found that around the Celebration area we had excellent reception and could make phone calls although still no data.
Most other areas were poor reception.
I called T.Mobile customer service and they said it was my phone (Honor 8x) that was the problem.
I eventually managed to get a refund from them and tried another couple of sims but unfortunately had similar problems.
Next year I'll probably buy from three.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

I've just come back from Orlando, and used dual SIM in my Samsung galaxy A40. My 2nd SIM was a UK three SIM with 5gb data plus 5gb free SIM bolt on for £15. ( Which includes call and texts as well) Was more than enough for us and used my phone as hotspot for the other phones/devices while out. Worked fine in and around Orlando/ Davenport area etc.
More than quick enough for streaming video clips / TV shows etc. Theme parks we used there WiFi.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Trasky196
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks very much all, very helpful, 👍
Trasky196 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I usually get great results with H2O sims that I buy from ebay/amazon. 4g Data works no problem.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Dh has a dual sim phone and uses a 3 pay as you go sim.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
barbie5
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I also have a dual Sim, but like others use 3 go roam, so i can use data and make calls to the uk, if i need to make calls in the USA i use zipcall so win win i get all our party one for £10 each for 30 days, I actually keep it i my phone now and just top up every 6 months to keep it active.

Chris
barbie5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
muzland
Getting Excited

muzland's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another shout out for the 3 PAYG.

We have them in 4 phones, 3 different dual sim models and all OK.

£10 For 2GB and unlimited calls and texts to UK numbers when we went in the summer. Lasts up to 1 month. I will be purchasing again for our Christmas trip.

I just use Skype credit or rebtel for US numbers if I need to call them.
Jul05 2wk Jul07 3wk Aug09 Oak Isl. 3wk Jul12 Emerald Isl. 3wk Dec13 Indian Cr. 2wk Jul14 Lindfields 3wk Dec15 Tranquility Villa, Lindfields 3wk Jul16 Miami & Tuscan Rdg 3wk Aug17 & Dec17 Villa Sunrise 3wk & 2wk May18 Tranquility 2wk Aug19 Treefield Villa, 3wks Dec19 Davenport Lakes 2wk Aug22 BA Villa AOA 3wk
muzland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List