Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshSara
Helping Mickey

Thanks everyone. Really enjoyed and arrived back to the resort by 11 - shattered!
Managed to queue for the Kali River Rapids then had FP’s for EE, the Safari and Na’avi. Really enjoyed the theming - the scenery in Pandora is incredible.

Caught an Uber to Publix and cereal and milk etc is all bought for room. Had a swim then returned to AK for our ADR in Tuskers. Really gutted to pay nearly $260 for a buffet meal that was nice but massively over priced. Kicking myself for this. Don’t know why but I thought it was $35 per person. Paid it and slunk out quietly without feeling able to make a fuss as the waiters were so amazing. God.

Pizza delivery for a few nights now and possibly beans on toast every night until 2021.

Went to Dinoland and grabbed a ride on Dinosaur - cast members allowed us to stay on for a second ride which was great, then a fast walk to RoL for a really spectacular show - I may have nodded off a couple of times but there you go.

MK today and both daughters and husband are sleeping heavily - need to wake them. Will probably take it easier today as we’re all a bit tired!

Edited at 12:27 PM.
WelshSara is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Don’t forget the wild life walking trails which are a nice diversion. We also went of the Rafiki's Planet Watch train/discovery centre which has recently been refurbed which very cool especially for younger kids (and quiet!)

Gotta love the Dinosaur ride though. 👍

Edit - lol...oh I see you’ve ready been! 😃

Edited at 02:55 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ctolli View Post
All the rides are great, but make sure you do The Lion King Show.
This is what i was going to say! Its amazing
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t know about anyone else but I always find AK is warmer (hotter ) than the other parks.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Avoid up, rivers of light, primeval whirl and rafikis planet watch and you'll have a blast.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jude17
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Lion King Show is amazing and I also love Finding Nemo show which is air conditioned!
Jude17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post
Thanks everyone. Really enjoyed and arrived back to the resort by 11 - shattered!
Managed to queue for the Kali River Rapids then had FP’s for EE, the Safari and Na’avi. Really enjoyed the theming - the scenery in Pandora is incredible.

Caught an Uber to Publix and cereal and milk etc is all bought for room. Had a swim then returned to AK for our ADR in Tuskers. Really gutted to pay nearly $260 for a buffet meal that was nice but massively over priced. Kicking myself for this. Don’t know why but I thought it was $35 per person. Paid it and slunk out quietly without feeling able to make a fuss as the waiters were so amazing. God.

Pizza delivery for a few nights now and possibly beans on toast every night until 2021.

Went to Dinoland and grabbed a ride on Dinosaur - cast members allowed us to stay on for a second ride which was great, then a fast walk to RoL for a really spectacular show - I may have nodded off a couple of times but there you go.

MK today and both daughters and husband are sleeping heavily - need to wake them. Will probably take it easier today as we’re all a bit tired!
The prices on Disney site are usually quoted lowest to highest, and it’s more expensive at busy times of year like now. So you probably paid the peak price of $60 per person (your daughters are adults when it comes to food at Disney)

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you want quick service lunch/dinner then Restaurantosauras has recently introduced build your own burgers and sundaes. Meant to be fairly good and not your typical Disney theme park burger.

The main thing id suggest with DAK is take it at your own pace and don’t rush around ‘trying to get everything done’. It’s a VERY hot park and it’s huge. The shows, particularly Lion King and Nemo, are well worth scheduling half an hour to watch as they’re both fabulous.
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by WelshSara View Post

What a shame. As it will have put a dampener on your lovely meal too.

Dinner is more expensive and you pay a tip but that still seems a lot for 4 of you. I would have been gutted as well.

Edited at 08:42 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
What a shame. As it will have put a dampener on your lovely meal too.

Dinner is more expensive and you pay a top but that still seems a lot for 4 of you. I would have been gutted as well.
Tusker House is a character meal though and you pay for that experience as well as the actual meal itself. I had lunch there last year and the character experience was great fun 😁
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List