Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Very hot but we did the parks first thing, went back to the villa for the hot part of the afternoon, then went back to the parks in the evening.
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went last year after always going in May, last two weeks of august. I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd levels to be honest wasn't that bad. Disney always seems busy and we stayed at RPR so had express passes for 5 days which was great. Weather was hot but we were fine with it, thunderstorms are crazy
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ocaz
Earning More Ears

We've gone for final couple of weeks of August for last 2 years and think it is great time, parks are generally quieter and not as long wait times. We are going against next August

Yes it is hot and humid but we cope with it by making sure we drink plenty of water, cooling towels and take regular breaks in shade/air con. We hit parks early then either take an indoor break for sit down meal/shows or back to pool before returning in evening.

You usually have a short downpour around 3pm or 4pm which doesn't last long but that is not every day and cools it down.

The crowds reduce from mid August to much lower towards the end. Compared to when we went at Easter it was noticeably different.
ocaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
August heat and humidity can catch you out. your looking at 4-6 lt of water per day to keep hydrated. linen clothing or wicking material best though you still end up all wet from the heat.
a few frozen 250 mm bottles of water will keep others chilled in a backpack, wrap them in face clothes and you can use them to cool down, the water in the parks from the fountains takes some getting used to, and its worth taking some squash to freshen the taste.
worth a look and read
nhs.uk/conditions/heat-e...on-heatstroke/
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18

Edited at 01:18 PM.
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We’re going for 3 weeks in August next year and know that it’s going to be hot, humid and busy (hence why we are going for 3 weeks) but I have to admit I’m worried about crowds etc but will just have to make most of fp etc
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

As mentioned the last two weeks in August are much quieter. The local kids and most from the Southern states are back at school and it makes a very noticeable difference.
Old 4 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We usually do the last 2 weeks of August, but this year we did the last 2 weeks of October instead.

We found the end of October to be far busier than the end of August. We have many photos of the parks being very empty in August and many rides are almost walk on, with FPs for the key rides. Check out the Dibb historical queue times.
The last 2 weeks are off peak, remember US schools are back. The exception is Labour Day weekend when it gets a bit busier.

We actually found the temperature almost the same. Hot and humid, although we did get a chill on the 1st November. Even in October we felt like we were melting and shadow hoping. Yes not quite as hot as August insane heat.

Our last visit in August, we had no rain for 2 weeks. In October we had a day of rain. We didnt find it much different.

Hotels and Disney Resorts are far cheaper in August.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 12:44 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

I stuggled in August with the humidity. The crowds were manageable.
Unfortunately we are stuck to school holiday times now too.
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You will be be wet through, either due to humidity or the rain. We were there this past August from 8th until 27th and be be honest it was quieter than I remember when we last went at this time ( usually go either Easter or February) saying that galaxy edge opened literally as we left so maybe that reduced crowds as people possibly waited a week or so to go for opening. Personally I prefer Easter and February but these two times have their own drawbacks
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

We have been March, April, sept, Oct, Nov and dec but this year August for the first time.
I thought dh would get too hot, he was ok for the most part but me and the children didn't fair so well.
It was very wet too, we normally don't mind the rain but this was wading out of MK with water up to us knees and staff not knowing if boats or trams were running, it was biblical, I believe parts of Disney Springs closed due to power outages.
But...
We are going next August this time just disney at a much slower pace, I think for us anymore is too much. So I would just recommend taking it slow if you are affected more by the heat than anticipated.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List