Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Dec 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
That is so awful...Hope your aunt managed to get over it.

I am concerned how invested the OP is as the person she has describes sounds like he will destroy her life if she lets him in. There in my opinion is no normal or logical explanation he could provide me for everything that has happened.

OP you would be a fool to consider this man. Please please forget about him now there will be a lovely genuine guy out there.xx
There are only two perfectly logical reasons
1= He is a Catfish or
2= He has a wife/partner
He is most definitely a liar
OP in my opinion you have had a lucky escape, if you had met him you would have become even more emotionally involved and feeling much worse than you do now, you have just learnt a valuable lesson , please don't think that any of this is your fault, it's all down to him that has made you feel this way. Forget him and put it behind you now .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 06:47 PM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
There are only two perfectly logical reasons
1= He is a Catfish or
2= He has a wife/partner
He is most definitely a liar .
OP in my opinion you have had a lucky escape, if you had met him you would have become even more emotionally involved and feeling much worse than you do now, you have just learnt a valuable lesson , please don't think that any of this is your fault, it's all down to him that has made you feel this way. Forget him and put it behind you now .
Wouldn't it be great if he would be brave enough to admit either of these..I find these people who catfish give nonsensical explanations and hope that they are so detailed within their reasons that it almost sounds believable
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
We wrote nearly the same things at the same time! This is the nicest part of the Dibb, I love it when everyone comes together to help someone, without judgement and jury. It sometimes takes someone on the outside looking in to see exactly what’s happening, and this is what us Dibbers are excellent at, being such a diverse group.
I love the DIBB for this I really hope that the OP can understand that we are being supportive and caring
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As an earlier poster told you, this is text book cat-fishing. It would be naive to believe otherwise. Now your posts are becoming increasingly self-critical, over-analytical and even showing signs of obsession. Time to shrug it all off and move on before you become too much of a victim. You seem a lovely person, but too trusting and too sharing. There are lots of nice men out there who will treat you with the respect you deserve. Just not on POF though.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I'm rather concerned that the OP has not come back on here for a while. Do hope she is ok.
Old 24 Dec 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I'm rather concerned that the OP has not come back on here for a while. Do hope she is ok.
Maybe she is just busy, it is a very stressful time of year...Hope she comes back on soon x
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pieces
Imagineer

Pieces's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
You seem like a lovely person, trusting and willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, some people will take advantage of that. You ask why he would invest 6 hours texting, tbh that's not a lot of effort, some men play silly games.

If you get an excuse on the first day as to why he cant turn up, walk away as quickly as you can. Also, if he's been fighting, that's not the kind of guy you want in your life, no excuses as to who's fault it was.

You've had a very lucky escape. If he ever contacts you again, IGNORE HIM, please.

Also, can I suggest you join a dating agency that you have to pay for, such as match infinity or similar. If people are paying, they're more like to want a serious relationship. A free site like pof takes no effort, no investment.

Move on and forget him. Don't over think it, it's NOT you. Leave pof and join a fee paying site. Don't text guys you've never met back and forth for 6 hours, you won't get the results you want.

New Year, new opportunities.
Great advise here. Sounds to me like you’ve had a lucky escape. You seem like a genuinely lovely person. Move on to someone else that deserves your time.
Old 24 Dec 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I agree fully with all the advice and feedback you have been given here OP. I think you have had a very lucky escape. Please please move on , and IF he were to contact you again block immediately.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I hope OP is ok it’s Christmas Eve and I’m very busy(stressed) people arriving at 5pm BUT I have serious concerns about this and keep thinking about it. Just told my daughter who is 23, within the first few words she said catfish! OP lots of love and stay safe x
Old 24 Dec 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
traleegirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
This 👇👇👇

POF is full of timewasters, married men and fantasists. (Though my niece is now happily married after meeting her hubby online)
Me too! Met my husband on POF nine years ago, we will be married six years in May 😁