Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I'm not sure if the suggestion was tongue in cheek to write on the back 'stay at home, save life's, protect the NHS.' It made me laugh (so thank you), but if you were serious, I would recommend that you never apply for a job as a diplomat
I have considered applying for benevolent dictator, I dont find diplomacy nearly efficient enough.
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just seen a very smart Rolls Royce pick up a teenage girl near ours for the third time in three days. Driver obviously her new boyfriend, clearly too well off to be socially distant.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Just seen a very smart Rolls Royce pick up a teenage girl near ours for the third time in three days. Driver obviously her new boyfriend, clearly too well off to be socially distant.
Things aren't always as they first appear, so perhaps he's driving her to his stables to pick up all the horse crap

Edited at 03:28 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
OP, I'm itching to know what specifically the lady in question was doing at the stables (other than talking to your friend). I don't want to know so I can criticise you, but I am frankly a very nosey person😀

This ^

what was she doing there and why did it bother you so much

may as well spill the beans
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I can sympathise as there is someone at the stables where I keep my horse who clearly has problems understanding what social distancing is. She is meeting friends and going for walks with her horse in tow. It's annoying on principle as she clearly isn't following the same guidance as many of us, and it is upsetting in the sense that most of the horse owners are trying to stagger visit times to make sure we aren't all on top of each other. By her bringing an unnecessary visitor to the yard, it makes it harder to stay apart, and puts us at risk not only of infection but also of the yard owner feeling the need to put stricter measures in place.

I haven't lost my temper at her, but only because I have a good measure of self control and know its futile.

I think I'd probably apologise for any bad language and shouting but limit it to that, so I'd be apologising for the way I presented the message, not for the message itself.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think the person you "shouted down" was in the wrong; everyone is entitled to go for exercise outside. Unless this property is completely private property with no rights of way across it (and no history of permitted access) then she was absolutely entitled to be there.

You most likely do owe this person an apology, whether you are "big enough" to actually give them the apology they deserve only you know and will say a lot about you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you don’t mean it and see you’ve done no wrong, then an apology is not the right thing to do.

As we were not there and don’t know the full circumstances, it’s difficult to offer further opinion, but certainly reading as you describe. If you were my friend and behaved like that, and still can’t see you were wrong, I would quietly accept your apology, but avoid you in future.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Is it me but I get visions of the Farmer Palmer character in Viz

'Get orf moi land!'

or

Derek the newsagent on Catherine Tate

'How very dare you!'

or my favourite, Nan from the Catherine Tate show

'Well, what a liberty!' (preceded by a huge rant)
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The thread starter is not getting a lot of sympathy on here, and rightly so. She owes a meaningful apology both to the stranger and to her friend. There may be mitigating circumstances for the stranger being there, but the OP didn't wait to find out (not that was any of her business) and threw a tantrum and did some name calling. She upset the stranger and her friend, but still, judging by the stance she has taken in subsequent posts, can't see that she is in the wrong. On her own admission, after listening to stern government stay-at-home warnings she then went out to visit her horses. Yet blew up to find someone else there who she thinks should have stayed at home! Double standards or what. The lesson: an essential component of social distancing is minding ones own business.

Edited at 09:01 PM.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Is it me but I get visions of the Farmer Palmer character in Viz

'Get orf moi land!'

or

Derek the newsagent on Catherine Tate

'How very dare you!'

or my favourite, Nan from the Catherine Tate show

'Well, what a liberty!' (preceded by a huge rant)
Definitely!
Finbar Saunders... those were the days
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread