Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I got two, one from Virgin holidays & one from Virgin Atlantic, sad times

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

Yes got mine earlier too.
travelbug0456 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes we got ours, selfishly a bit of relief that they may still be operating after this, sorry for all the people who have lost their livelihoods, I hope the last bit is true and they will soon be back to Gatwick with more staff
Old 6 May 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Yes. Oddly enough DH and I were only saying today wonder how quickly they will turn around and say we will be one of the greenest airline around, as though that’s the reason they’ve done it 😡
Old 6 May 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

Nope had no email or correspondence from either virgin holidays or virgin atlantic. Checked spam folder as well.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Hope they either go bac to Gatwick and reinstate direct flights to Orlando as flying indirect only will give BA an advantage.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I've got it too.

Does anyone know what will happen for flights that were due to be on the 747s? Our flight from Glasgow in September was on the 747 and we paid to book seats in the bubble. Will Virgin contact us to tell us the flight is changing and will we get a refund of what we paid for seats in the bubble?
We’re in the same situation .Booked flight only from Gatwick to MCO and booked the bubble there and back .Also we book each year at a small guest house at Gatwick .I suppose that will be on insurance .Of course that’s if we go
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

We’ve got it too. We were meant to be flying to Atlanta in the bubble last month which obviously got cancelled. Now it’ll never happen.

Must be a shocking morale amongst their staff at the moment, you feel for them.
ontwofronts is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've just received it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
moocat17
I want to go now!

I got the full email today as i have a holiday booked with Virgin holidays for next November.
Virgin Atlantic was planning to retire the 747 by then so no bubble
though I am not sure what planes they will use then.

"Virgin Holidays will be re-branded as Virgin Atlantic Holidays, as we focus all our efforts on taking leisure customers to the most loved destinations that Virgin Atlantic serves. We will continue to work in close partnership with Next, to offer our popular face-to-face holiday service in their stores."

note the re-branding of virgin holiday to virgin atlantic holidays.

I hope that the crew that are going to loose their jobs will be able to get jobs quickly when things start to get back to some what normal.

2014 - Renaissance at Sea world
2016 - Cabana Bay, Universal
2020 - was not to be at the Endless Summer, Universal

Edited at 11:05 AM.
moocat17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List