Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Shark lift away for us - replaced Dyson and would never go back now. Excellent!

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
When we where looking for our last one we looked at the shark but my wife found it a bit to heavy, we think the dyson are pure rubbish so we got the vax and it is fine and picks up our dog hair great.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I recently switched from dyson to shark. I find the shark is excellent in terms of suction (which I suppose is the point) but agree it is very heavy and it also falls over very easily
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
When I met DH we both had our own Dyson vacuums, mine is an Animal ball thing and his is a red one(? name).
This was more than 12 years ago and we’d both had them for some time. One lives downstairs and the other upstairs, saves lugging them about
We had them serviced by a local repair shop about 2 years ago when we moved house, one had a new cable as the old one was dangerous, one a new brush roller and both cleaned thoroughly, filters replaced etc. They are like new, suction amazing and we doubt we’ll ever need to buy another vac as we’ll do this again if needed.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I recently switched from dyson to shark. I find the shark is excellent in terms of suction (which I suppose is the point) but agree it is very heavy and it also falls over very easily
We have a lift away and I hate this about using it as lift away.

But it’s great for suction but I hate it falls over so easily using it in lift-away, plus I hate that the cord doesn’t stay on the clip in normal mode, so it’s all over the place.

We also have the 2 battery, cordless, anti wrap, pet thing, and although I really like that, it has no where near the suction of our corded one! But we have pets so that may be more of a problem with cordless!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I had two Dyson's and also asked on the Dibb for recommendations when the second needed replacing. We also have a mix of hard flooring and carpet and I didn't want a cordless. I ended up buying a Miele and it's the best decision I've ever made.

Debra
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Henry HVR-160-11 £99.

Works as well as any of the more expensive cleaners we have tried and has outlasted all of them.

Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
You can get Dysons reconditioned for reasonable money. Brings them back as good as new.

We have a Miele corded vacuum for a real clean and a Dyson V10 for every day use.
Both great. We looked at Shark, but it simply wasn't as good as the Dyson. However, the Shark can get under furniture better as the shaft can hinge.

No battery vacuum gets close to a 240V one.
I agree, I don't know what we'll do if our Miele ever gives up. They don't make vacuums with a high wattage any more due to some European ruling. Its our second Miele and the first lasted 18 years.

We also have a Dyson v10 to run round after the dog and find the two a good combination.
Old 17 Apr 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I changed from Dyson last year and we got this one instead, the Shark cordless anti hair wrap pet.

I had to look at my order history as I wasn’t sure if I had the anti wrap version. I do apparently, so I can confirm that this feature doesn’t work!

I find it picks up well, but it is not as good as the Dyson at getting under things as it is bigger. It is also quite heavy and I feel quite tired after doing the whole house, I often have a break half way through. I could do a whole house with the Dyson as it is lighter, however the battery is not as good on the Dyson and I used to run out with maybe just one or two rooms to go.

I have had my shark for almost a year now, I m just about getting used to it, but I really hated it at first and it even put me off doing the vacuuming.

Oh yes and the shark is harder to store as it topples over unless propped up just so.

johnlewis/shark-iz25...907919#product

Have you bought new filters for the Dyson, not just cleaned the old ones? We found that sometimes a brand new filter was required.

Edited at 10:47 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Miele - they are simply the dogs danglies of vacuums.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List