Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 May 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Do I need express pass with AAP (disability pass)?

Hi
We’re looking at visiting universal for 2 days in our next trip. Last time we went we stayed at HRH and had the express pass. However I think we will be able to get the disability pass (AAP) for my daughter. I’ve read through how this works and it seems to me that we won’t need the express pass as well but I’m not really sure how this all works in practice.

My plan is to stay at cabana bay instead to get early access to the parks but no express pass.

Any help or advice gratefully received x
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando_Kings
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando_Kings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Correct you won't need express pass - however if your party is too large they may not allow everyone with your daughter to benefit.

We had one for our son in 2019 (party of 4 in total) and if the wait time is greater than 30mins for a ride they'll tell you want time to return and write it on the paper/card
Orlando_Kings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
In my experience, some of the ride attendants make you return, even when the wait time is only 15 mins. It does vary. But wait times will be longer at Easter anyway & you’d ‘waste’ a lot of time waiting/backtracking. You can only have 1 booking at a time - like Disney.

If you choose to afford it, it would be far less stressful to stay in a premier hotel & have the Express pass, as well as the disability pass.

We’ve got the same dilemma in Sept as I’m not sure how busy it will be this year. If it is very busy, we’ll book odd nights to get the 2 day passes.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you both.
Very helpful.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We've had both. If you can, the express pass I think it's better. I found Universal really quizzed us on the need for the disability pass( I do understand so people don't abuse it). My daughter is visually impaired and we found it quite an ordeal getting it!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
We've had both. If you can, the express pass I think it's better. I found Universal really quizzed us on the need for the disability pass( I do understand so people don't abuse it). My daughter is visually impaired and we found it quite an ordeal getting it!
Crikey that’s not good.

My daughter is autistic but she’ll be 16 and would get very upset if they made it difficult with the questions.

Need to have a think about it.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
Old 5 May 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by firsttimemouse View Post
Crikey that’s not good.

My daughter is autistic but she’ll be 16 and would get very upset if they made it difficult with the questions.

Need to have a think about it.
Please don't let my experience put you off. We've always found things, as my daughter is visually impaired,that they question us a little bit more the need for her to have it. Annoying for us.

Autism is one of the reasons why there is the disability pass. You'll have no issues

Edited at 04:59 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Please don't let my experience put you off. We've always found things, as my daughter is visually impaired,that they question us a little bit more the need for her to have it. Annoying for us.

Autism is one of the reasons why there is the disability pass. You'll have no issues
Thank you x
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay
Old 5 May 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I found them much tougher than Disney too. Does she have a Sunflower lanyard & would she wear it? If not you could wear it. Hopefully, it might help if the cast member recognises it.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
I found them much tougher than Disney too. Does she have a Sunflower lanyard & would she wear it? If not you could wear it. Hopefully, it might help if the cast member recognises it.
She’s got one and she also has a U.K. access pass with her photo on which Merlin accept. I know they won’t recognise that but could help with the discussions.
2018 DLP Newport bay
2019 DLP Newport bay