Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Jun 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SGJA View Post
Hi! New Dibber here and looking for some advice please! (And apologies if I’ve got my thread wrong!)
Looking at BA for April/May 22 - can you tell me the status for the following:
BA2037 LGW - MCO : 21 April 2022, premium economy
BA2036 MCO - LGW : 12 May 2022, premium economy
Also, does anyone know at what stage you can choose your seats with BA?
Thanks!
Hello SGJA and can I be the first to say WELCOME TO THE DIBB - you will find it a really great resource for your holiday.

To answer your seating question first then I'll pop off and check the flights and report back.

If you are a member of BA Executive Club and are a Gold, Silver (or higher status) you can choose for free at time of booking. If you are a Bronze member you can choose 7 days before travel. If you are Blue member or not a member you can choose at anytime but you do have to pay and its best to start another thread to ask about costs or do a dummiy booking and it is possible at one point to bring up the seatmap to see the prices(don't worry you can't accidently book flights). Bear in mind that BA will automatically look at passengers with children (11 and under) in the booking and automatically seat them 72 hours before the flight, passengers with assistance needs both visible and non visible can request seats free of charge and you can also use Online Check In (OLCI) 24 hours before your flight to check in and choose seats for free. Think I have covered everything there.

BA 2037 - scheduled to be operated by a 777 aircraft

All cabins are Wide Open

BA 2036 - scheduled to be operated by a 777 aircraft

All cabins Wide Open

BA selling all fare buckets on both flights. As we are 10/11 months before travel the flight loads are light and as normal would expect this to change nearer to departure.

Hope that helps

Edited at 04:00 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

Thank you, Stanleycamel - a most comprehensive reply! Very helpful!
SGJA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chazman88
A Guest at All-Stars

Hi StanleyCamel, would you be able to check my flight please?

BA0205 LHR - MCO 29th Sep 2021, Club World
BA0204 MCO - LHR 7th Oct 2021, Club World

Any chance you can tell if it will be the new "Club World Suite" layout? The pre-book seat screen previously deffinitely showed the new seats, now its the "current" 2-4-2 showing?

Many Thanks
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by chazman88 View Post
Hi StanleyCamel, would you be able to check my flight please?

BA0205 LHR - MCO 29th Sep 2021, Club World
BA0204 MCO - LHR 7th Oct 2021, Club World

Any chance you can tell if it will be the new "Club World Suite" layout? The pre-book seat screen previously deffinitely showed the new seats, now its the "current" 2-4-2 showing?

Many Thanks
Hello chazman88 - no problem. Sorry to disappoint you but the flight is to be operated by a 777 with the Club World configuration rather than A350 with the Club Suites. It started as an A350 at the start of the summer schedule but quickly changed to a 777 and this had happened for the winter 20/21 season too.

BA 205

Club - 8 seats occupied with 1 blocked (2 window single seats on left, one group of 2 on left with window&aisle and 2 groups of 2 in the middle of the group of 4).

WTP and WT are Wide Open

BA selling all fare buckets except the very lowest in each cabin - I don't normally break down the individual seats but it might help you get a clear picture for this flight of how any seating changes for yourself may have happened if you already had chosen seats and the aircraft had changed. As per usual aircraft are subject to change but I don't expect the 777 to be substitued by an A350 but it would be nice to be proved wrong.

BA 204

Club - 11 seats occupied with 1 blocked

WTP and WT Wide Open

BA selling all fare buckets except the lowest in each cabin. So at this stage the flights are quiet but as usual expect the loads to change.

Hope that helps Snap aldojani - ooh aldojani your reply has disappeared

Edited at 06:21 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Hello chazman88 - no problem. Sorry to disappoint you but the flight is to be operated by a 777 with the Club World configuration rather than A350 with the Club Suites. It started as an A350 at the start of the summer schedule but quickly changed to a 777 and this had happened for the winter 20/21 season too.

BA 205

Club - 8 seats occupied with 1 blocked (2 window single seats on left, one group of 2 on left with window&aisle and 2 groups of 2 in the middle of the group of 4).

WTP and WT are Wide Open

BA selling all fare buckets except the very lowest in each cabin - I don't normally break down the individual seats but it might help you get a clear picture for this flight of how any seating changes for yourself may have happened if you already had chosen seats and the aircraft had changed. As per usual aircraft are subject to change but I don't expect the 777 to be substitued by an A350 but it would be nice to be proved wrong.

BA 204

WTP and WT Wide Open

BA selling all fare buckets except the lowest in each cabin. So at this stage the flights are quiet but as usual expect the loads to change.

you answered so much better than i did
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always found this thread (and Stanley camel) very useful
But surely right now the answer is always "No it's not full" or maybe we should rename the thread as "will my flight be running"
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chazman88
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post

BA 205

WTP and WT are Wide Open

BA 204

WTP and WT Wide Open

Thank you so much!
Shame we’re not going to get to experience Club Suite (I thought it was too good to be true!)
Old 15 Jun 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I've always found this thread (and Stanley camel) very useful
But surely right now the answer is always "No it's not full" or maybe we should rename the thread as "will my flight be running"
Thank you for the kind comments and a hat tip from me to aldojani, fredflintstone and all of those in the past who have contributed to keeping this thread alive even during Covid.

Personally I feel that the thread has a genuine feeling of positivity even though most people who ask do so in hope and expectation and sadly are disappointed later. But that element will change hopefully sooner rather than later. Thankfully this thread does manage to keep on the straight and narrow.

Oddly 123 there are flights that are full or nearly full the MAN-MCO VS 75 on 4th September is close to capacity - which is lovely to see.

So back to normal service and here's a little reminder of what details are needed to check flight loads

Date
Flight number
Departure and arrival airports

as it really helps when checking how the flight looks.

Happy to check any airlines/destinations and will post a reply even if it turns out that they don't appear on the systems used. Please feel free to ask on this thread

Please also bear in mind that Tui/Thomson flights cannot be checked as they are charters.

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

Just curious, why do people want to know if their flight is full or not? I've never flown before except Australia when I was 12 (far longer ago than I care to admit) so this is all new to me.
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Hopefuldad View Post
Just curious, why do people want to know if their flight is full or not? I've never flown before except Australia when I was 12 (far longer ago than I care to admit) so this is all new to me.
It can be for a number of reasons but it is often to find if they might need to choose their seats, possible availability for upgrades or just something simple about maybe having a row to stretch out in especially on the night flights coming back. Most of the request are Florida based but I can and have checked for many other countries/destinations/airlines.
Closed Thread