Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jun 21, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

ADR for 6 year old

Hiya all hope you are good. So we are looking at trying to bag the following reservations for our trip with our son. Are these good choices and also how hard are they to come by? Any tips and recommendations we would be hugely thankful for!

Chef mickeys
Beaches and cream
Sci-fi drive in
T-Rex
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They are great choices. We love Beaches and Cream, the sundaes are fab and the theming is lovely - you will need to book this in advance as it does get busy.

If you purchase a Landry’s card you can use your ‘birthday’ voucher towards your meal and that also gives you priority seating at T-Rex and Rainforest cafe(this is at AK). My birthday always falls during our trip 😉

Sci-Fi Dine in is great but we found it quite dark (a bit like trying to eat in a cinema) however the food was good.

Have only been to Chef Mickey’s once and we booked in advance (we go in August so it is super busy). I think the lunch/dinner menu is better value personally but it appears to be super busy at breakfast too.

Depending on what characters your son likes, Hollywood and Vine (in HS) have a character buffet too (not sure if it is open currently). We have done this as well, it was lovely meeting the characters but it was crazy busy!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Definetly get the Landrys card, its great just walking up and being seated in a few minutes!
Othr choices sre good too. There is so much themed dining it is difficult to narrow it down.
At AK we also love Garden Grill. Epcot there are soooo many to choose from! Good luck with the planning. X
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
Hiya all hope you are good. So we are looking at trying to bag the following reservations for our trip with our son. Are these good choices and also how hard are they to come by? Any tips and recommendations we would be hugely thankful for!

Chef mickeys
Beaches and cream
Sci-fi drive in
T-Rex
I think they are great choices, in fact I have picked all four out for my next trip and we will be 47 and 51. Historically, Chef Mickey’s, Beaches & Cream and to a lesser extent Sci Fi were all quite hard to get into especially if you had a specific time in mind.

These days I have no idea how hard or easy it is to get reservations. I sometimes look myself for 60 day reservations and it doesn’t seem like the availability is great.

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Beaches & Cream should theoretically be easier than it used to be, since the recent refurb doubled the size of the restaurant. But it's still fairly small by Disney standards and popular, so probably still a difficult one - especially only having 60 days to book now.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

All good choices, how many are in your party? The Sci-Fi dinner is good however the seating is a little random, the tables in the cars sit 2 so your party may be split up or they have other more normal tables but you don't get the full sitting in a car effect.

Beaches and Cream is one of our favourites, it was always hard to get a ADR but since the restaurant has been expanded it shouldn't be as hard.

We like Tusker house too, similar to Chef Mickeys but the characters are in safari outfits but we like the food more.

We preferer Rainforest Cafe to T-Rex but I think that is more personal preference as we had a bad meal there once, defiantly get a Laundry card though so you don't have to worry about booking a table.

Ohana was another big hit, our LB love the coconut racing and the musician.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List