Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

Character Dining

Looking for reviews/ tips etc on Disney character dining from anyone who has experienced these please?

Will be for 4yr old (approaching 5) and 2yr old boys, both like the classic characters Mickey, Donald etc.

Is breakfast best? We will be staying off site so thinking within 1 of the parks prior to our park day would be a good idea?

Is it difficult to find availability?

TIA
Old 21 Jun 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we have done a few character meals.
Tusker House - breakfast - we loved this place, food was lovely, something for everyone, characters Mickey etc

Chef Mickeys - 1st time on dining plan - great experience, 2nd time we paid for it and based on our experience then we would not go back. Felt rushed to be honest. Mickey and friends here.

Hollywood & Vine - breakfast - When we did this it was Handy Manny, Doc McStuffins - lovely place, great intereaction, great server - something food wise for everyone
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDailey
Trying for More Ears

Garden Grill at Epcot. Mickey, Chip and Dale. Food served family style. Little bit different as the restaurant slowly rotates and you get to see a bit of Living with the Land.

My kids (and wife) really enjoyed Chef Mickey, so would give that a thumbs up.
DisneyDailey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been to most of them. I would recommend Garden Grill for breakfast. Food was lovely and not rushed at all. Also, if you get the 8am sitting, you’ll be first in line for soarin. Been three times to chef mickeys and only really enjoyed once. Did Tusker House for lunch, it was a bit hectic and my fussy eaters struggled a bit, but lots of folk love it.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks guys. Will be a toss up between Tusker House & Garden Grill me thinks. We went to AK first day in 2019 so that might be the decider as it was a great 1st park day for us and the wee one with the animals etc
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

We have seen the "main guys" at Tusker House and Chef Mickeys. Much preferred TH as it was just so busy and frantic at chef M. We've not experienced any of the family style changes so that might make a big difference. We have just cancelled Toppolinos Terrace as our July trip has been cancelled but will rebook for next year as we really want to try there for breakfast before heading to MK for the day.
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

Never heard of Toppolinos terrace will need to check it out thanks
Old 28 Jun 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kirstygary765 View Post
Never heard of Toppolinos terrace will need to check it out thanks
We are planning Topolino’s for our next trip, I will pair it up with either an Epcot or Hollywood Studios day as then it is a quick Skyliner trip over.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List