Notices

Old 16 Jul 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Has anyone been to Legoland Windsor since it reopened?

Has anyone been to Legoland Windsor since it reopened?
Wondering how people have found it?
We have never been but thinking of trying it given all other holiday plans are cancelled. We would probably stay a night a the hotel as well.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went Monday and thought it was very good , initial que to get in but we arrived just gone 10 but once inside we found it very manageable longest que was 40 mins but they were stopping rides in between to clean them which is what took the time , some rides you had to wear your face masks but they did have spares at the front of the rides , we took a picnic so found some grass to sit down for lunch but the burger stalls were still open
Old 16 Jul 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I was there with DS today. We have Merlin passes so DS has been 3 times since opening and DH and I agree that they are managing the risk as best they can. We were also there the day it closed in March and they have put so much in place since then. Temperature checks before we entered, clearly reduced park capacity and we saw rides being washed several times. On some rides we had to wear a mask and there were hand sanitisers and entrance and exit to rides! Also, once on rides like the Dragon there were rows free separating family groups so I always felt socially distanced. There were lines showing you where to walk and where to stand in queues. All in all very impressed. The only downside is that less restaurants/shops are open but the park felt clean and reasonably quiet. I'll definitely go back
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I was there with DS today. We have Merlin passes so DS has been 3 times since opening and DH and I agree that they are managing the risk as best they can. We were also there the day it closed in March and they have put so much in place since then. Temperature checks before we entered, clearly reduced park capacity and we saw rides being washed several times. On some rides we had to wear a mask and there were hand sanitisers and entrance and exit to rides! Also, once on rides like the Dragon there were rows free separating family groups so I always felt socially distanced. There were lines showing you where to walk and where to stand in queues. All in all very impressed. The only downside is that less restaurants/shops are open but the park felt clean and reasonably quiet. I'll definitely go back
This is good to hear . We also have merlin passes and Legoland was our last park before lockdown and we enjoyed it .
Went to Chessington last Saturday and it honestly did not feel like reduced capacity, it was so busy.
I can’t really blame Chessington for the non social distancing guests but we did come across a few of them in queues which was highly annoying and has put me off going back there for a while .
Off to Alton towers at the end of the month overnight so hopefully have a better experience there .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
This is good to hear . We also have merlin passes and Legoland was our last park before lockdown and we enjoyed it .
Went to Chessington last Saturday and it honestly did not feel like reduced capacity, it was so busy.
I can’t really blame Chessington for the non social distancing guests but we did come across a few of them in queues which was highly annoying and has put me off going back there for a while .
Off to Alton towers at the end of the month overnight so hopefully have a better experience there .
DS also went to Chessington this week and was very unimpressed - he ended up wearing his mask more as he didn't feel safe. He has ASD so always wants rules to be followed and he felt they weren't there... He did say TP was good though! Enjoy AT
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
DS also went to Chessington this week and was very unimpressed - he ended up wearing his mask more as he didn't feel safe. He has ASD so always wants rules to be followed and he felt they weren't there... He did say TP was good though! Enjoy AT
I don’t blame him, the staff were really good , especially on vampire but other guests were oblivious! I don’t even like masks but we wore ours more not that it probably helped us against space invaders
Old 21 Jul 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Thanks everyone - good to hear some positive feedback- I'm just keeping my fingers crossed they don't increase capacity too much in the summer holidays
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We live ten minutes away from Legoland & I drive past it on my way to the office & on the way home every day.
I usually take another route on the way home during July & August because the traffic is usually awful but it's very quiet at the moment, almost like when the park is closed.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Just wanted to feed back on our trip-
We had a good time but most rides were 45-60+ waits minutes all day- not great when aimed at young kids. We also found the lack of social distancing in the queue stressful- so many people ignoring floor markers- or large parties spreading out making them pointless.
We enjoyed ourselves but there definitely is some risks standing in a queue for an hour with people very close.
Old 10 Sep 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are looking at going during term time next month. Is it just generally accepted that most people wear a mask all day or do people take it off in less crowded areas?