Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Don't Be Grumpy! Feb 19- Day 7

Day 7- Animal Kingdom/resort/Magic Kingdom- 27th Feb 19
Only Mum...

Another day, another Flight Of Passage fastpass. After the ride, we shopped in the gift shops for a while and watched Lion King. Always a fantastic show, full of energy. My favourite part is the amazing tumble monkey acrobatics act. They’re very talented.

After that we decided to head out, and took the bus back. We decided to get off at the Polynesian for a look round. I love how tropical it all is.

We had lunch at Captain Cooks- Mum had a burger and I decided to have the chicken, noodle and veg lo-mein bowl. Delicious, and a huge portion for $10.99. It seemed never ending when I was eating it, there just kept being more and more noodles.

Mum took the monorail back and I walked back to Grand Floridian via the beach, taking loads of photos on the way. It’s so beautiful around here, I love the MK resort area.

I wanted to stop off at the pool bar and get a pina colava, but didn’t have my ID on me, so went back to the room for a while to rest. Mum came back shortly after and we chilled in the room for a while before going down to Gasparilla Island Grill for some dinner. I wasn’t very hungry so just had the kids hot dog, Mum had some kind of citrus chicken sandwich which she wasn’t too keen on.

Then it was off to MK for a ill fated evening EMH. I got a fastpass for Space Mountain for me, Buzz Lightyear for Mum, and we met up afterwards.

I waited 20 minutes in the fastpass line, followed by the ride stopping at the top of the lift hill for 5 minutes.

Afterwards we tried to find a last minute spot for the fireworks, which we did, but behind a tree and lamp post. Oh well, at least we could still see the fireworks...or not, as it was a very cloudy night and you could see the lights and colours of the fireworks behind the clouds, but not the fireworks themselves.

Then it was the EMH and we made our way through the crowds heading out towards Fantasyland to ride the teacups. Well, ride we did. On getting out, I got out as normal, then waited for Mum. She was distracted trying to find her scooter, as we had stopped in a different place to the exit gate, missed the edge of the saucer and bang! Down she went.

She landed on her bad knee (she has osteoarthritis) and was in a lot of pain. I was embarrassed because everybody was looking at us, but they quickly cleared everyone off and closed the ride. Unfortunately, they didn’t turn off the music as well, so for the first 15 minutes after we still had to listen to the loud soundtrack. I was impressed by the response to the accident- they called in the paramedics and had a few security people there as well and gave Mum a through check before they cleared us to get back to the resort. Mum had to sign a disclaimer to say she declined going to the hospital and we left. What an evening!

Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear your poor Mum I’m glad you were treated well and hope your Mum wasn’t in too much pain!

Joan
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Oh dear your poor Mum I’m glad you were treated well and hope your Mum wasn’t in too much pain!

Joan

Yeah, it'll teach me to look where I'm bleedin' well going! I totally owned it though, saying continuously that it was my own 'stupid fault' for not watching where I was putting my feet (I basically missed the edge of the saucer). I'm sure that's why they were so good to us. If I'd been combatitive and blaming them and demanding they compensate me, things would have been very different!

Once the initial pain wore off and the icepack they gave me did the trick I was able to walk around on it. I had some spectacular bruising though! Just as well I did this at the end of our trip and not the beginning!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List