Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 May 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Chef Micky and then rope drop MK

Do you think it would be possible to eat at Chef Mickeys and then rope drop MK?

Just trying to plan our first day and with the early rise expected on our first day, I wanted to make sure we rope drop MK.

Would Chef Mickeys make us late for MK?

MK opens at 8am and Chef Mickey 7am I think. That’s assuming we manage to get a 7am reservation.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If it was a 9am open, I'd say go for it as you can get through the meal service pretty quickly. But I think it's too close for an 8am open. To rope drop effectively, you really want to be at MK early - I'd say by 7:30 at the latest.

Also if you're staying on site, the new early entry means the park will open at 7:30 for you. I'm not sure if that means you'll actually want to be there for 7, I haven't looked into the post-Covid entry and rope drop changes much yet. But I would assume so.

Edited at 08:19 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

If you are really going to enjoy your Chef Mickey experience and eat enough to justify the cost, I'm not sure I'd want to then be running around MK at rope drop - my belly would be too full and I don't think I'd want to be going on any fast rides too quickly.

Or maybe I am just a pig
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

As there is no dining plan for Oct 21 and I will be paying OOP for Chef Mickey, I will be wanting to eat a lot and get my money’s worth, :-) so maybe Chef Mickey and rope drop best to be done on separate days.

Thanks
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I’ve tried to do this a couple of times but both times I’ve booked then Disney go and change the park hours to earlier so not been able to! Ended up switching to dinner last time. We really enjoyed it. Pics in my 2019 food report in my signature below
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
If you want to do both MK rope drop and Chef Mickey on your first day what about doing Chef Mickey as a brunch at about 10.30? I agree with the others, being at a park for rope drop means you should aim to get there about 30 to 45 minutes before park opening to allow for bag search and ticket scanning. At MK they hold the crowds at the castle so decide whether you want to head left to Adventureland, right to Tomorrowland or straight through to New Fantasyland. After you've had your fun with the rides you can then have a lovely leisurely breakfast at Chef Mickey and try to eat enough to justify the $50+ price per person.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I would be getting snacks / food on the go on a day I wanted to rope drop a park. Chef Mickeys is too expensive to be rushing the experience. Definitely I agree that it is better to do these on different days.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List