Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 May 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

Cruise before or after a Disney Hotel?

As the title says, im after peoples thoughts,advice and preferences of doing a cruise before a stay at Disney or after? I have booked 11 nights at Coronado Springs on the 8th of September then a 4 night cruise on the Wish. We have previously done it this way round but wondered about doing a cruise first. Do you feel to jet lagged to enjoy the cruise if doing it first? Any advice will be much appreciated, thanks
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
From recollection, you'll get advocates of both approaches on here.

I wouldn't be concerned about jet lag spoiling the ability to fully enjoy a cruise, but all of our cruises have come at the end, or towards the end, of a holiday, and we find it a nice step-back in pace after time in and around the theme parks.

When it comes down to it though, I'd probably book based on sailing schedules, pricing and availability within our holiday dates.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We've done both.

Prefer to have the hotel bit first, best use of the early mornings in the parks then relax on the cruise after you've settled into it.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So my ideal is the cruise first and hotel after I think for a couple of reasons:
  1. You can stay a night at the airport and get an early shuttle to the port meaning you can usually get onboard sooner than using transport from the hotel - travel solo so I use Disney transfers
  2. The day you get off the cruise you don't have to hang around an airport for hours all day - usually at the airport by 12pm and then flight is about 6pm so have to wait for checkin to open etc
  3. Disney is knackering which can mean its nice to relax more after holiday but can also mean you get less out of cruise as you are so tired

That said I always go with which works best day wise. 2022 for example will have a cruise at the end of a stay as date wise it works for the dining offer at the resorts.
Old 27 May 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Also bear in mind Sept is hurricane season. If your flight coming out is delayed by 1 day - you might miss the cruise altogether. Doing the cruise last takes this risk away.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Also bear in mind Sept is hurricane season. If your flight coming out is delayed by 1 day - you might miss the cruise altogether. Doing the cruise last takes this risk away.
This is actually a very good point! Hadn't considered that but always fly in day before at least
Old 27 May 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I like after.
Take advantage of the waking early with jet lag for the parks and relax on a cruise after busy park time.

We never hang around at the airport after the cruise but book a day room at a beach or airport hotel have lunch there swim and relax , quick shower and head off for a normal check in chilled and refreshed.

Edited at 03:16 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Cruise after - perfect relaxation after the hectic pace of the parks
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I prefer the end. We have young kids and it takes time to get used to the time difference. My youngest was falling asleep during dinner when we did it first thing.
Old 27 May 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
From recollection, you'll get advocates of both approaches on here.

I wouldn't be concerned about jet lag spoiling the ability to fully enjoy a cruise, but all of our cruises have come at the end, or towards the end, of a holiday, and we find it a nice step-back in pace after time in and around the theme parks.

When it comes down to it though, I'd probably book based on sailing schedules, pricing and availability within our holiday dates.
Thanks Bozza, I can appreciate that there will be pro's and con's for both ways, ideally I would like to do another Disney hotel after the cruise if money wasn't a problem
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List