Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 May 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Slabgood
Earning More Ears

We all had kids meals for breakfast, ordered on the app and collected, it was more than enough for us and got to enjoy mickey pancakes etc! Also stocked up from Walmart various snacks etc...
Slabgood is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The CSR standard rooms have an extra long desk area (because it's a convention resort) which is perfect for preparing breakfast and other small meals.

For a family - especially without a car - I would pack your usual dry breakfast and snack items (cereal, etc) in your case, along with a pack of disposable bowls and cutlery from the pound shop. Much cheaper here than there, plus you then know everyone will like them and you'll have space free to bring things back. Then all you need to pick up is milk and juice which you can get in the resort shop if you don't fancy using Uber or a delivery service.

For just me, I have a mix of in-room breakfasts (because I love old fashioned doughnuts, so always pick up a box from Target/Publix shortly after arrival) and Starbucks. Plus resort breakfast to get the Mickey waffles at least once.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The CSR standard rooms have an extra long desk area (because it's a convention resort) which is perfect for preparing breakfast and other small meals.

For a family, I would pack your usual dry breakfast and snack items (cereal, etc) in your case, along with a pack of disposable bowls and cutlery from the pound shop. Much cheaper here than there, plus you then know everyone will like them and you'll have space free to bring things back. Then all you need to pick up is milk and juice which you can get in the resort shop if you don't fancy using Uber or a delivery service.

For just me, I have a mix of in-room breakfasts (because I love old fashioned doughnuts, so always pick up a box from Target/Publix shortly after arrival) and Starbucks. Plus resort breakfast to get the Mickey waffles at least once.
As above , we always pack a box of cereal, disposable bowls and cutlery , by milk and juice when we get there , we take our own teabags and coffee ( much prefer our own), run water through the coffee maker in the room, so it acts like a kettle for hot water . Purchase a box of cinnamon buns and that’s us done , cheap as chips and sets us up for the day. Lol

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We often pick up a box of donuts or pastries in the resort shop. They are very overpriced compared to Walmart etc but cheaper than buying individually in the restaurant.

There are 2 petrol stations onsite that have reasonable stores attached. One is by the Boardwalk and the other is near Disney Springs.

I’d also get an Uber to a store. For us a walk around Target or Walmart is as much a part of the holiday as a ride on Space Mountain.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

The only time we have stayed onsite my dh and I shared a muffin in the morning. They were huge so one between two was totally fine. We’re not really ones for taking stuff with us. Even when we have a kitchen we don’t really use it.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
No, never. We don't take any fresh fruit, meat or dairy, which are the main prohibited things. Cereals, biscuits, crisps, breakfast bars, sweets, snacks etc are all absolutely fine. Just declare you have food when asked, you may or may not be sent to gave your cases xrayed (takes a few minutes), that way if you have accidentally got something that's not allowed they'll simply take it from you, but no fine etc as you declared the food
Thank you, that's so helpful to know
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jane23 View Post
We took instant porridge pots that just needed boiling water added when we stayed at Coronado Springs, and just used hot water from the coffee machine.
I was thinking of these but wasn’t sure where to get hot water from! We are staying at POP so I think we have a coffee machine. Didn’t realise you could get the hot water from there though!
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Slore View Post
I was thinking of these but wasn’t sure where to get hot water from! We are staying at POP so I think we have a coffee machine. Didn’t realise you could get the hot water from there though!
Pop does have coffee makers, but if you try to use them to make hot water the water tastes vaguely of coffee (as expected)!

I tend to stay at Pop but always bring along a travel kettle. I've tried various travel kettles over the years and found that dual voltage ones bought in UK tend to boil incredibly slowly in the USA, so a few years back I bought a travel kettle off USA Amazon which seems to boil faster.

You can also get hot water from the food court at Pop - there are hot water dispensers! It might be a bit of a trek from the food court to your room though as Pop is rather large so I don't tend to do this if I can help it.
Old 29 May 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We sometimes bring a box of cereal bars with us, we can’t be bothered packing any more than that and tea bags. We used a snack credit for a pastry quite often, but that isn’t a particularly cheap option if paying $. We don’t have a car and I am not keen in the idea of Uber / Lyft with a pile of shopping so we might organise a grocery delivery next time.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I like to have a normal breakfast as possible. When in self catering we have porridge or overnight oats and if in just a room either the porridge pots or a yoghurt and a banana. I don't think my body could cope with pancakes etc everyday
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List