Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Pop does have coffee makers, but if you try to use them to make hot water the water tastes vaguely of coffee (as expected)!

I tend to stay at Pop but always bring along a travel kettle. I've tried various travel kettles over the years and found that dual voltage ones bought in UK tend to boil incredibly slowly in the USA, so a few years back I bought a travel kettle off USA Amazon which seems to boil faster.

You can also get hot water from the food court at Pop - there are hot water dispensers! It might be a bit of a trek from the food court to your room though as Pop is rather large so I don't tend to do this if I can help it.
Thanks for the tip, I think a travel kettle is definitely the best bet for me.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The thought of four in a room plus all their stuff plus a counter full of breakfast stuff sounds awfully cluttered for storing, preparing and eating in the value and moderate rooms.
Mind you I absolutely need my own coffee and travel kettle !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
The thought of four in a room plus all their stuff plus a counter full of breakfast stuff sounds awfully cluttered for storing, preparing and eating in the value and moderate rooms.
There is a fridge where we keep most things. Then find a suitable shelf or drawer for everything else.

We often take a hanging drawer unit which gives a bit more storage in the wardrobe area. Not for food as that’s near the bathroom but it works well for clothes or toiletries.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

CSR is better than most though as it has the new style rooms with increased storage. I didn't even use anywhere near half the available storage and that included using a row of drawers for storing food + souvenirs. A family for two weeks might be a tight squeeze if everyone has brought full cases of stuff, but I'd say that's true of any standard room on property. But if running short, can always pack clothes by day in packing cubes, only pull out a few at a time and leave the rest in the case under the bed. Definitely managable!

Eating in room as a family of four will be more of a challenge than the storage, since it only has a desk rather than a dining area. But if you don't mind plates on laps, no problem.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's really not that bad. We keep cereals and bowls on top of the fridge, milk and snacks in it. We don't use the coffee maker at all or need a travel kettle. We take collapsible folding baskets for storage too that help keep things, tidy. Preparing cereal really doesn't make that much of a mess. We've done it for 6 trips with no problem, but then for some the thought of 4 people sharing 1 room for more than a couple of nights is a nightmare, whereas I can't persuade our children (who will be 19 and nearky 21 when we go) to stay in 2 rooms at a value, bigger offsite accommodation or a villa! I guess it's just what suits people

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 10:26 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
CSR is better than most though as it has the new style rooms with increased storage. I didn't even use anywhere near half the available storage and that included using a row of drawers for storing food + souvenirs. A family for two weeks might be a tight squeeze if everyone has brought full cases of stuff, but I'd say that's true of any standard room on property. But if running short, can always pack clothes by day in packing cubes, only pull out a few at a time and leave the rest in the case under the bed. Definitely managable!

Eating in room as a family of four will be more of a challenge than the storage, since it only has a desk rather than a dining area. But if you don't mind plates on laps, no problem.
I went and took a coffee and pastry and sat out on the benches. The pool near us also had a large table with chairs and never anyone in it in the morning so I sat at that a few times too. I have a weird thing where in the room after we've had showers I can't eat because I can taste the smell of the shower gel if that makes sense
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TICH1952
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Angelbabe here on the dibb also does deliveries to your hotel. We have shopped online prior to our arrival, she then arranges to meet you at your Resort and drop everything off. I have found her to be lovely, very professional and super helpful (we had to rearrange delivery a couple of times as our flight was delayed by 48 hours). This would be an alternative to you catching an Uber.
What a good idea 👍
TICH1952 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List