Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Evening Meal near Heathrow

We’re off to Canada in January, we hope, and we’re staying overnight at Premier Inn London Hayes, Heathrow.

Can anyone recommend somewhere for an evening meal on a Sunday?

We’ve got no car but happy to walk, train or taxi. We’re 6 adults and Indian or pub grub is preferred. We’d prefer not to head into central London.

Thanks in advance

(I know this is the Florida forum not general, but there seems to be more traffic here )
Old 31 May 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I'd get a meal deal at the Premier Inn, that's dinner and breakfast taken care of.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Echo the above comment have done it ourselves when staying at Heathrow. It is very convenient and depending on flight time you do not have to have breakfast the following morning - we have just sometimes been in for dinner of on a really early flight.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Definitely a meal in the Premier Inn. Great deals combining the evening meal with the buffet meal next day. Most certainly pub grub and at good prices.

The central atrium is large and you can just sit in the bar afterwards and relax, watching all of the frenetic activity around you. It is a highlight of our vacation and sets us up beautifully for the next day.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:15 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If it’s the Bath Road Premier there’s a couple of good Indian restaurants . What sort of food are you looking for?
Must admit I’d be lazy and eat at the Premier too but there’s plenty of choice in the area . It’s probably changed since I lived and worked in the area so I don’t want to suggest specific one but plenty of pubs serving food a short bus or even shorter cab ride too. We used to go bowling and grab diner style food at the Heathrow Bowl if we had kids with us to wear them out so they’d actually sleep
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Premier Inn for us, they got a nice big area inside. We parked up, checked in and then dropped stuff off in room and went straight back downstairs. Its a nice atmosphere down there as well. No cabs or driving. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If it’s the Bath Road Premier there’s a couple of good Indian restaurants . What sort of food are you looking for?
Must admit I’d be lazy and eat at the Premier too but there’s plenty of choice in the area . It’s probably changed since I lived and worked in the area so I don’t want to suggest specific one but plenty of pubs serving food a short bus or even shorter cab ride too. We used to go bowling and grab diner style food at the Heathrow Bowl if we had kids with us to wear them out so they’d actually sleep
It’s Millington Road, but I could change it if need be - i just wanted one close to T2 and that’s what the Premier Inn website brought up.

We were hoping to avoid eating in the Premier Inn in the evening. Our flight isn’t until 2pm the next day, but internal flight times and a lack of trust of Manx winter weather have led us to fly the night before. So we have no early start, and we often choose an Indian as it’s something we all agree on, for once. Just a regular curry house, nothing flash.

We normally fly from Manchester via Heathrow and eat at a lovely little Indian called the Cinnamon Tree near the Premier Inn Heald Green, but it wasn’t the best option this time around.
Old 1 Jun 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

There's a nice Indian within walking distance of the Bath Road Premier Inn. It's called Harlington Tandoori, I've been there a couple of times before flying out of Heathrow.

It's just your standard high street Indian restaurant but the food was good quality and prices were better than I expected for being so close to Heathrow (about the same as what I'd pay out here in the shires).

The Bath Road Premier Inn is actually closer to T2 than the Hayes one too (and if the right runway is being used you can watch the planes land from the back of the hotel )

Edited at 08:49 AM.
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I'm pretty sure that the Premier Inn on Bath Road is nearer to T2. The Premier Inn website mentions getting the train from Hayes & Harlington which is around a 10 minute journey but I'm not sure how close the station is to the hotel
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m 20 mins away from Heathrow, and would recommend Sipson Tandoori, would be a cab ride but wouldn’t be expensive. I’d also recommend The Plough, again is a short cab ride a away but lovely food. The Pheasant in Harlington would be my favourite, food is great with good portions! Obviously the Premier Inn would be easier, but wanted to give you some other options as a local!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 07:21 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List