Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
So just to be clear, going on 9th May and coming back 23rd, flying from Frankfurt (as that normally has 2 flights a ay)
They changed one of the Frankfurt (and London) flights to a 787, so there's only one flight per day left with first class and the new cabins. In any case, we're flying from JFK. Between the difference in taxes and getting to FRA or LHR, getting to JFK isn't much more so we feel it's worth it for a short stop in NY, more potential seats, a longer flight in F and flying over Alaska.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a plan! Fingers crossed comes off
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Did you book the Hilton directly? And did you think the breakfast was good? I seem to recall reading something about you getting it with gold status. They have some good prices at the moment including breakfast but it feels odd to book a hotel when we only have one flight so far.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I did yes through their app - we really enjoyed the breakfast - I am more a bit of toast and OJ but my better half enjoyed the pancakes bar, omelette bar.

Yes we got it for free with our status, set us up nicely for the day.

However, my Gold status is due to drop before we go (unless Hilton extend again) and I think we would get pastries etc from the stores in the hotel or at the parks.

If you watch the Hilton YT video I shared here a few weeks ago, it shows the current breakfast options.

And as long got free cancellation with the hotel, what the issue 👍

Edited at 04:13 PM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

This is link

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193531
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you!
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Hmmm reading the Hilton Honors web site about what benefits you get with each status level - Gold only gives you continental breakfast, but we got the full one at Tokyo Bay Hilton - perhaps it has changed since I was there May 2019?
Old 22 Jun 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Hmmm reading the Hilton Honors web site about what benefits you get with each status level - Gold only gives you continental breakfast, but we got the full one at Tokyo Bay Hilton - perhaps it has changed since I was there May 2019?
Unless we make it out to Orlando in September, which is not looking very likely at the moment, we won't have any status whatsoever. They have a package deal with breakfast which isn't much more than a pre-paid room only (1150 yen/night more) so that would be a very good deal for a generous buffet.
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

May 24th - can see Business and Economy seats showing for Haneda to Frankfurt if any use to you?
Old 7 Jul 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Unless we make it out to Orlando in September, which is not looking very likely at the moment, we won't have any status whatsoever. They have a package deal with breakfast which isn't much more than a pre-paid room only (1150 yen/night more) so that would be a very good deal for a generous buffet.
Tried sending this as direct message but your box is full the system tells me

fFrst of all could / would you fly from Frankfurt out on May 26th? Can see an economy and first class seat OUT on that date.

Secondly, ANA are only doing 1 flight a day from Frankfurt for obvious reasons, but where did you see that "calendar" thing that showed what flights were running at moment?

Am looking to see if can still nab rewards seats from Frankfurt - and May 10th shows one flight a day, but from May 11th the reward seat checker shows 2 flights a day. Have ANA said they are resuming 2 flights a day from that date?