Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheshiregirl
New Poster (2)

Am I right to be angry about this?

I've made another account because I don't want this posted on my main account because it could be identifying.

I am a reality TV star, and once took part in a high profile reality TV show in the area I live in in the UK and am covered by the press pretty regularly. Used to be a model before I went on the show and won my home towns main model and beauty contest at 18.

So my mum raised me by herself. A lot of years ago. (I won't say my exact age incase anyone identifies me) years old now. I have a sister a similar age to me, she has 4 children and my mum still has 1 child living with her (my 17 year old nephew who has autism and ADHD) and I have children. My nephew lives with our mum because my sister didn't want him when he was 4 because of his autism and ADHD.

It turns out that over the past month my sister has been leaking information about me, my husband, my children and my nephew to the press and people she knows and her friends, and it's all confidential family secrets/information and she's even told a few people our address and mum's address and the college my nephew goes and the school and nursery that my children go! My mum is furious, I am and my husband is but our sister says we are all overreacting. I don't think we are overreacting are we?

Obviously I'm angry that it's information about my children but I'm also angry that it's info about my nephew, because I love him and he has sleepovers here a lot!
Cheshiregirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Has she done this for financial gain?

Sorry to hear you've been betrayed ❤️
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

This seems like a Mumsnet post to me, you may be better starting a new account on there…
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
This seems like a Mumsnet post to me, you may be better starting a new account on there…
Probably has!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I wouldnt like it either. I also suppose it depends on what the info is she is leaking and the reasons behind it.
Like if you were getting back into the reality tv stuff then leaked info is usually used to create buzz but if your not and she’s doing it for the £50 they get for a magazine article like “my mother married my husband” types ones then definitely not on.

I wouldn’t like it and I would be having it out with my sister telling her so as nothing like this should be told without consent

Edited at 02:32 PM.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cheshiregirl
New Poster (2)

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Has she done this for financial gain?

Sorry to hear you've been betrayed ❤️
She's insisted she wasn't bring paid but not sure if to believe her or not
Cheshiregirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I don’t get why you’ve said this?

For me if I had something I wanted to talk about and posted under a different name then the reasons for posting on here is because after a while you get the sense of knowing people and valuing their opinions. If your not a regular on mumsnet you wouldn’t get that posting on there
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Well it's a draw back of being a reality star I suppose.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Bearing in mind I've not heard her story, so this is based on what you choose to share, it certainly seems like she's bang out of order.

Of course she will tell you that you're overreacting in her eyes, because if you weren't she might have to face up to the fact she's being a ≈≈≈≈ !
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We seem to get a few reality TV stars on the Dibb now 😁
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread