Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jun 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I did change the wording of my post because I wasn't 100% sure. I don't go by that area too often. This weekend I definitely didn't notice a Village Inn sign. Most places have reopened by now if they were only closed for Covid. The location didn't even show as closed when I searched for Village Inn locations on Google Maps. It didn't show at all
Thanks for the update DonnaD always glad of your local knowledge . Having just cancelled this years trip I am hoping the Village Inn is reopened and also Perkins at Crossroads has found a nearby location, for our trip next year. Love both of them for breakfast.
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Thanks for the update DonnaD always glad of your local knowledge . Having just cancelled this years trip I am hoping the Village Inn is reopened and also Perkins at Crossroads has found a nearby location, for our trip next year. Love both of them for breakfast.
I like Perkins as well but I hate to say that the whole chain is struggling abit. It definitely isn't one opening new locations. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't relocate the Crossroads one. The breakfast chains that are growing are ones like First Watch and Keke's. They have a more modern feel and never open for dinner like Perkins so can reduce overheads.
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I like Perkins as well but I hate to say that the whole chain is struggling abit. It definitely isn't one opening new locations. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't relocate the Crossroads one. The breakfast chains that are growing are ones like First Watch and Keke's. They have a more modern feel and never open for dinner like Perkins so can reduce overheads.
The Perkins on 27 opposite Posner closed recently. Maybe 2019

Mick
Old 16 Jun 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Just found this on Google earth:

6275 Westwood Blvd, Orlando, FL 32821
+1 (407) 352-1997
Closed · Opens Jun 20 at 6 amHours may vary
Days of week Open hours
Wednesday Closed
Thursday Closed
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday 6 am - 10 pm
Monday Closed
Tuesday Closed
Due to coronavirus restrictions, business hours may vary for the near future. Please confirm with the business.

Its very confusing and making my head hurt, going to have some alcohol
Old 16 Jun 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks DonnaD it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I have seen reviews of Kekes but as it wasn’t near LBV where we normally stay. However have never seen anything of First Watch.
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post

+1 (407) 352-1997
Days of week Open hours
Wednesday Closed
Thursday Closed
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday 6 am - 10 pm
Monday Closed
Tuesday Closed
Due to coronavirus restrictions, business hours may vary for the near future. Please confirm with the business.

It is very strange. When I search on Google Maps it doesn't even show under Village Inn locations. If I put in the street address it does show but is marked permanently closed with no opening hours. There is a link to a website for that specific branch but the website must have been shutdown. There really is nothing to suggest a planned reopening. With all the development south of there I expect the land might be far too valuable not to redevelop it.
Old 17 Jun 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post

+1 (407) 352-1997
Days of week Open hours
Wednesday Closed
Thursday Closed
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday 6 am - 10 pm
Monday Closed
Tuesday Closed

I saw that on Bing's maps (stupid work laptop defaults to Bing, not Google). Funny that it says it only opens on Sunday.

Google Maps shows it as permanently closed when I look.

Who knows!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I saw that on Bing's maps (stupid work laptop defaults to Bing, not Google). Funny that it says it only opens on Sunday.

Google Maps shows it as permanently closed when I look.

Who knows!
It doesnt take much but its baffling me
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tapley View Post
Thanks DonnaD it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I have seen reviews of Kekes but as it wasn’t near LBV where we normally stay. However have never seen anything of First Watch.
We "discovered" First Watch thanks to the DIBB around 3 years ago. Our nearest to Highgate Park is at Champions Gate but a new one has opened at Posner and both will be near enough equidistant.

We signed up to their email club and got a BOGOF.

Mick
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Just had a look at the First watch menu and might have to check it out, this has my name written all over it:

ELOTE MEXICAN STREET CORN HASH
Two cage-free eggs any style atop fresh seasoned potatoes, house-roasted summer sweet corn and chorizo. Topped with fresh sliced avocado, Cotjia cheese, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle crema and scallions. Served with fresh lime and warm wheat-cornblend tortillas.

Even have a couple of things for picky gluten free wifey

Finding about these alternatives is why I likke coming on here, thanks Donna