Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
calongwag
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
It's my sister but thanks for the info, also she is an adult so i'm not sure how that changes things! My parents take care of all of that for her but I'm in charge of holidays! I've taken her to DLP before but wasn't aware of the carers ticket so it's been great to be able to have it for this trip

She has just been to stay for the weekend with me in London and we were able to use her dla letter for most carers stuff (not that we are ever actually asked to show it!)
If you pm me i will try and find what info we had to give to get it. You're just as likely to get it for an adult i believe... it depends on how they understand road safety, if they run off etc. Ps if you show the access pass at restaurants with queues they often try and accomodate you quicker. They have been amazing with us x
calongwag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

I asked the TA and they said I will need to pay the holiday as normal and then they claim it back from DLP and then issue me a refund afterwards? I wasn’t sure they would even do it so if they do it will be a bonus. The travel agent just asked that I email a copy of a recent carers allowance letter showing I am carer for my DD...

I haven’t been to DLP for 12 years now, how does their system work in regards to getting the GAC or DAS whichever they call it now in Florida, what will I need to take for that? In USA I usually got to Guest Services but although I always have ASD diagnosis letter from her consultant they never want to see it! She also has blue badge and full PIP entitlement letter I could take and I get carers allowance.

Thanks.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
I asked the TA and they said I will need to pay the holiday as normal and then they claim it back from DLP and then issue me a refund afterwards? I wasn’t sure they would even do it so if they do it will be a bonus. The travel agent just asked that I email a copy of a recent carers allowance letter showing I am carer for my DD...

I haven’t been to DLP for 12 years now, how does their system work in regards to getting the GAC or DAS whichever they call it now in Florida, what will I need to take for that? In USA I usually got to Guest Services but although I always have ASD diagnosis letter from her consultant they never want to see it! She also has blue badge and full PIP entitlement letter I could take and I get carers allowance.

Thanks.
Good to hear that they’ll refund you.
The DLP disablity card works differently than the US. It works the way it used to in the US. You should quality for the green ‘priority’ card. Blue badge or pip letter will be enough to show at city hall but they will ask for it. This card allows you to go in the exits for rides & depending how busy it is sometimes you get on almost straight away with minimal wait. If it is a busy time of year, they’ll just give you a time to come back. BTM normally does this it’s its busy, but I don’t recall any other rides. A tip for it’s a small world, just go in normal queue unless you have a wheel chair. It’s a fast moving queue so we never use the disabled pass for this as they will have you waiting for the special assistance boat which is mainly for wheel chairs.
You can also meet characters with the green card, you just make an appointment & they give you a time to come back, this is for Disneyland Parc only, as they’ve introduced a new app for meeting characters in the studios for everyone.
Hope you have a fab time! So much has changed in 12 years, you will love it! Feel free to ask anymore questions 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Good to hear that they’ll refund you.
The DLP disablity card works differently than the US. It works the way it used to in the US. You should quality for the green ‘priority’ card. Blue badge or pip letter will be enough to show at city hall but they will ask for it. This card allows you to go in the exits for rides & depending how busy it is sometimes you get on almost straight away with minimal wait. If it is a busy time of year, they’ll just give you a time to come back. BTM normally does this it’s its busy, but I don’t recall any other rides. A tip for it’s a small world, just go in normal queue unless you have a wheel chair. It’s a fast moving queue so we never use the disabled pass for this as they will have you waiting for the special assistance boat which is mainly for wheel chairs.
You can also meet characters with the green card, you just make an appointment & they give you a time to come back, this is for Disneyland Parc only, as they’ve introduced a new app for meeting characters in the studios for everyone.
Hope you have a fab time! So much has changed in 12 years, you will love it! Feel free to ask anymore questions 😊
Thank you for that, I will ensure I take blue badge then and pip letter to be sure. So I go to City Hall on the first morning and ask for a green priority card... She would love to meet characters but couldn’t ever queue for that long so she misses out so that’s good to know.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mousettes View Post
Thank you for that, I will ensure I take blue badge then and pip letter to be sure. So I go to City Hall on the first morning and ask for a green priority card... She would love to meet characters but couldn’t ever queue for that long so she misses out so that’s good to know.
Yes, just arrive at city hall & say that your DD will need guest assistance, give your docs over & it’s up to them which card they give out. If you have a blue badge & PIP letter, to my knowledge they will provide a priority card, the other card is orange & it’s more for temporary disabilities.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sah54
New Poster (2)

Just been able to do the same. I am in a wheelchair as disabled right side particularly leg through stroke & cannot walk far at all. The lady was so helpful. I told her I could provide DLA letter, Blue Badge, & GP letter at check in at NBC & my husbands ticket money will be refunded.
sah54 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

WOW this is interesting. Having done 5 trips with our disabled daughter it always annoyed me that if we booked tickets seperate we would get a carer ticket.

We are doing WDW this year but will be booking dlp soon for next August. So much has changed at dlp since last August i feel like I dont know what Im doing.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sah54 View Post
Just been able to do the same. I am in a wheelchair as disabled right side particularly leg through stroke & cannot walk far at all. The lady was so helpful. I told her I could provide DLA letter, Blue Badge, & GP letter at check in at NBC & my husbands ticket money will be refunded.
Great to hear! Hope you have a lovely time 😊

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 11 Aug 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
WOW this is interesting. Having done 5 trips with our disabled daughter it always annoyed me that if we booked tickets seperate we would get a carer ticket.

We are doing WDW this year but will be booking dlp soon for next August. So much has changed at dlp since last August i feel like I dont know what Im doing.
I feel just the same, it’s so different to when last went but it’s 12 years ago for me!
Old 12 Aug 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Gap

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I’ll be able to tell you next month!
I too had booked originally before I knew but they did deduct the park tickets of my balance. We are under the 2 nights free offer so 4 nights, 5 days & I got £224ish knocked off my balance so that works out for the 5 day park tickets.
I was told to bring proof of carers, DLA, doctors letter & if you have a blue badge. My son is registered blind so he will have his cane & I will bring his medical certificate of his registration.
Hoping this us more than enough, but it’s amazing that they offer this for carers.
I’m looking to add my hubby in st checkin with an AP, so hopefully I can still do this too.

ETA I always show his blue badge for priority pass or his registration letter, but I’m not sure about the dla letter.
Hi our son is registered blind also. We have never took his blue badge into the park, just his cane is enough to prove and looking at him directly it’s obvious..
I didn’t realise there where different sort of passes. We’ve always had the one to use fast pass lanes, disabled entrance and exit lanes, ect

how old is your son. .

Our son went to New College Worcester then Rnc Hereford

Catherine

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List