Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Aug 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Which Universal moderate for ease of access?

Assuming we end up going this year and not having to cancel I'm booking a room onsite for my 22 & 15 year old to use after their first night at HHN which would you recommend for ease of access out of Cabana Bay, Aventura or Sapphire falls please?

We've only stayed at HRH & RPH so don't know the walk / transport to the others, as they're going alone this night the priority for me is the easy route back after HHN.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylaura
Serious Dibber

I can vouch for Sapphire Falls, absolutely lovely hotel and just a 5 minute walk further on than RPR. The boat service does go straight to the hotel as well so an easy trip whether you walk or take the boat. Aventura is right next door to SF but Cabana Bay is across the Road from both of them.
loopylaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I have not been yet but I know cabana bay is bus only no water taxi and I think the walk is over a very busy road.

As said Sapphire Falls has a water taxi and safe walking route.

Aventura is not on the water route so again has no water taxi and I believe the walk is a good 20 minuites so that or busses.

I think I would book Sapphire Falls as it means they can choose to walk, water taxi or buss depending on queues lengths.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 06:15 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Currently at Sapphire falls and it is very easy to get to the parks, me and dd have walked to the parks a couple of mornings when the boats have been busy and have got to citywalk in 10 minutes with a brisk walk and 15 at normal pace. The boats are busy at park closing and can take 20 minutes to get one if you don’t want to walk and it is a lovely hotel.

Although aventura advertises as buses to the parks it is a couple of minutes walk to Sapphire falls lobby from aventuras front door as they share the same drive so you could easily stop there and use the boats or walk.
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Currently at Sapphire falls and it is very easy to get to the parks, me and dd have walked to the parks a couple of mornings when the boats have been busy and have got to citywalk in 10 minutes with a brisk walk and 15 at normal pace. The boats are busy at park closing and can take 20 minutes to get one if you don’t want to walk and it is a lovely hotel.

Although aventura advertises as buses to the parks it is a couple of minutes walk to Sapphire falls lobby from aventuras front door as they share the same drive so you could easily stop there and use the boats or walk.
Do you need to show your room ticket? I am not sure if Aventura guests will be allowed? If we can that will be great.
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
Do you need to show your room ticket? I am not sure if Aventura guests will be allowed? If we can that will be great.
No you don't need to show anything to use the boats, some people staying at cabana bay use the boats and then cross the road to cabana bay although it does say not to cross the road.