Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Aug 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Illuminations

My mum convinced me to fp illuminations at Epcot, but where do we go and what does it actually mean lol
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Layton79
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The illuminations at Epcot are spectacular however Whilst we FP them I’m not sure it was actually worth it. The queue for the fast pass area started to build about two hours before the show. Yes you got a great view just behind the cafe building in front of the lake but for the most part we were pushed up against a railing for a 15min show that we had waited two hours for. As the illuminations take place on the lake I would probably find a spot ‘round the world’ at a nice table etc and view from there. Less crowded and at least whilst you wait you can eat drink pop to the nearest loo!
Layton79 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
We stood on the bridge between England and France and had a great view, waited no more than about an hour or so.

No one in front of us so uninterrupted view. A couple of boats moored just below us so must be a popular spot
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Can you just stop and watch it as it starts. Do you really need to grab a spot an hour in advance?

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We love the bridge between England and France too great spot to watch illuminations. We just got some fish and chips from Yorkshire County and kids got crepes from France by the time we'd finished munching they were starting
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Or you can stay at the Yacht Club and watch them every night from your balcony
You don’t get to see the low level ones but you can see the lasers on the ‘countries’ - really nice

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Can you just stop and watch it as it starts. Do you really need to grab a spot an hour in advance?
This was my thinking too! This is the only fp we’ve booked and I’m not sure why! We’ve seen illuminations twice. The last time being on New Year’s Eve when they closed Epcot because it was full and we still managed to stop walking when it started and watch it without any problems!
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Sorry to hijack but I heard rumours that this might be replaced. Is there any concrete info on this or is it pure speculation?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Sorry to hijack but I heard rumours that this might be replaced. Is there any concrete info on this or is it pure speculation?
Siemens are ending their sponsorship (rumour they offered Disney a new monorail fleet for free provided it would be Siemens branded, which Disney declined).

So that throws Illuminations into question (or they keep without branding) and possibly Spaceship Earth/branding.

Thinking about it, I don’t recall seeing the Siemens logo being projected onto the Epcot ball after Illuminations, and can’t remember if it was shown during Illuminations itself...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used to work for Siemens in the UK. The logo was definitely projected onto the Epcot ball after the show as well as the on lake lighting showing Siemens. All finished now however 🙁 illuminations is my favourite evening show. I’ll be gutted when it goes. Years of happy memories.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List