Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Aug 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the touring plans link. Very helpful!
Can you request a specific room or is better to just request a certain area?
Also is best to do this via MDE or do people still fax their room requests (have seen this mentioned on FB and wasn't sure if it was just a US thing)
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Thanks for the touring plans link. Very helpful!
Can you request a specific room or is better to just request a certain area?
Also is best to do this via MDE or do people still fax their room requests (have seen this mentioned on FB and wasn't sure if it was just a US thing)
I know HT mentioned that the request section on MDE for CBR wasn't showing a couple of wks ago.

You do normally get the chance to request high/low floor, corner room etc on MDE

But if you've booked with Disney it's easy to ring a few weeks before your arrival and put your requests in. I normally do it as soon as I've paid the balance.

You can request a room number but there is a chance it won't be a available for your dates. No harm in trying if there's a room you particularly like the location of. I got the room I wanted 😊

But if you request the village you want, the floor you'd like etc, you'll have a good chance of getting those requests - no requests are ever guaranteed but Disney do seem to do their best to honour requests when they can.

If you have kids or anyone with any disability - might be good to request ground floor as no lifts at CBR

😊

Edited at 09:45 PM.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I know HT mentioned that the request section on MDE for CBR wasn't showing a couple of wks ago.

You do normally get the chance to request high/low floor, corner room etc on MDE

But if you've booked with Disney it's easy to ring a few weeks before your arrival and put your requests in. I normally do it as soon as I've paid the balance.

You can request a room number but there is a chance it won't be a available for your dates. No harm in trying if there's a room you particularly like the location of. I got the room I wanted 😊

But if you request the village you want, the floor you'd like etc, you'll have a good chance of getting those requests - no requests are ever guaranteed but Disney do seem to do their best to honour requests when they can.

If you have kids or anyone with any disability - might be good to request ground floor as no lifts at CBR

😊
The no lifts situation is why we require a ground floor. Going to see if the village selection populates on MDE at 30 days out. if not we will give then a call.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Hi guys, what is the best Disney number to ring to request a particular room or village please?
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We are at 29 days to check in and no options for location.
I will have to call as we require ground floor aswell.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
How annoying, but thanks for the update, that's good to know

Edit: My manager is out of the office tomorrow morning so i will call then
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

No option to do online check in for me on MDE either. Shall give them a call. Swaying towards Jamaica and ground floor would suit us best too as we'll have youngest's buggy.
Getting so close now!
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Uncle paul View Post
Hi guys, what is the best Disney number to ring to request a particular room or village please?
I normally ring this number, tell them my reservation number and ask if they can add my requests:

Disney UK: 0800 169 0730
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Maybe they've taken the option off until they've done the room refurbs/OPR opens?
Old 24 Aug 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mooboonoo
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Here now and having a lovely time. Construction not bothering us at all. Just saw this on the way back from AK - the Skyrim was down so thought you’d all like a look! Any questions, please let me know. This is old Port Royale looking from the reception area.
WDW 83', DLP 92, WDW All Star sports 95', DLP OCT 2004 Santa Fe, DLP NOV 2007 Sequoia lodge, DLP FEB 2010 Sequoia Lodge, DLP OCT 2011 Sequoia Lodge, WDW AUG 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, WDW AUG 2013 Saratoga Springs & Disney Dream, WDW 2015 - Saratoga Springs.
mooboonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List