Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Personally I don’t like them and wouldn’t have one as I feel they are a bit naff in a “look at me” kind of way, but each to their own, if you want one and it makes you happy, get one.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Personally I don’t like them and wouldn’t have one as I feel they are a bit naff in a “look at me” kind of way, but each to their own, if you want one and it makes you happy, get one.
When I was a child, we would go to the seaside and everyone would buy a badge, or some other momento with their name on. I never found one with my name on, of course! So now I have my name on my private plate! It makes me happy! If anyone sees me in Chelmsford, give me a wave!
Old 12 Oct 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t get them. I’m not sure if the purpose of them. I kind of think it’s showing off but then I’m not sure what is being shown off... I can’t see how they bring any sort of pleasure or satisfaction. They don’t look good, do anything, they’re not fun, most don’t make sense... So yeah, I don’t get the point of them.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
When I was a child, we would go to the seaside and everyone would buy a badge, or some other momento with their name on. I never found one with my name on, of course! So now I have my name on my private plate! It makes me happy! If anyone sees me in Chelmsford, give me a wave!
My youngests name is spelt a few ways and all the personalised stuff you see is rarely in her spelling, I could see her doing same as you lol, my eldest has a personalised plate but it's her nickname not her real name
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My youngests name is spelt a few ways and all the personalised stuff you see is rarely in her spelling, I could see her doing same as you lol, my eldest has a personalised plate but it's her nickname not her real name
I really loved the spelling Cathryn when I had my daughter but thought about all those combs, rulers, mugs, egg cups etc and went for the more conventional spelling.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Well I love mine , it ends in KEV
Very easy to work it out!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Very much not for me. I would sooner die than have one. But everyone is different and I respect that difference.

The nearest that I would consider is a plate that is completely random, does not relate to me or anything else, but does not give away the age of the car. I am not one for car oneupmanship either. I see no reason at all why others should need to know the age of my car and am convinced that if age related plates were axed, car sales would fall dramatically.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:37 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I don’t get them. I’m not sure if the purpose of them. I kind of think it’s showing off but then I’m not sure what is being shown off... I can’t see how they bring any sort of pleasure or satisfaction. They don’t look good, do anything, they’re not fun, most don’t make sense... So yeah, I don’t get the point of them.
I am sure there there are things that you like that others dont understand. What a judgemental post.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Very much not for me. I would sooner die than have one. But everyone is different and I respect that difference.

The nearest that I would consider is a plate that is completely random, does not relate to me or anything else, but does not give away the age of the car. I am not one for car oneupmanship either. I see no reason at all why others should need to know the age of my car and am convinced that if age related plates were axed, car sales would fall dramatically.
You'd sooner die? Seriously!
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have one it's very personal to me a 40th birthday present along with my Vizla puppy same theme as the pup,both were an amazing surprise
For me if you want one why not life is way to short to care what other folk,think about something that has no impact on any other person
Our 2oldest wanted there own reg as their 30 birthday Ds3 has had since he was born his was on a vintage norton of my Dads it's probably worth more than his car now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread