Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jun 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Everyone in my family hates Star Wars except my 15 year old, who loves it and has Star Wars memorabilia all over his room.

I take him on Star Tours every trip whilst he other 5 ride TOT and I make the whole family do the Star Wars dessert party and watch the fireworks once every trip.

I’ve told DH that he will have to go to Galaxy's Edge for DS and he’s agreed to. It opens 3 days after we leave so it will have to wait until nex5 year at Disneyland.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

No not a fan and the most I have ever seen of it or it’s character’s is the ride.
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparkes12 View Post
I love star wars but from what I have seen I am completely underwhelmed by the new area. Just seems a money making area and 1 ride.
Is this not just all of Disney?

Epcot isn't much more than a shopping mall with good theming
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

If you don't like Star Wars, or don't know much about it, why not just treat it like you're going into Frontierland or Adventureland, or Pandora if you didn't know or care about Avatar either?

The land looks to be the absolute pinnacle of Disney imagineering regardless of the IP, seems weird to me that people would be so keen not to experience it.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

im at best indifferent to star wars ,in fact all sci fi type stuff... but if/when we go back will definitely have a look

ive endured avatar the movie (man called horse in space...) once to get a bit more out of Pandora, whilst the FOP right is fantastic , Pandora was so busy it wasn't easy to take it in as it was just a mass of punters...

suspect star wars will be the same for some time to come

not planning going again till probably 2021 hopefully will have calmed down by then... wishfull thinking i suspect...

fwiw as above im sure most people havnt seen for example song of the south but think nothing of going on splash mountain etc etc
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Not seen any of the films - can't get excited about it. My bf keeps banging on about me watching them. I am just not interested. I keep telling him to watch Line of Duty - he's not interested! We are all different.

I can't stand that Star Wars music for a start. And that little thing that bleeps - sorry, WHAT? And that big gold robot thing that sounds just like Julian Clarey. Not that there is anything wrong with Julian Clarey - but he definitely sounds just like him. Is it him doing the voice? I don't know...
Old 4 Jun 19, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Not seen any of the films - can't get excited about it. My bf keeps banging on about me watching them. I am just not interested. I keep telling him to watch Line of Duty - he's not interested! We are all different.

I can't stand that Star Wars music for a start. And that little thing that bleeps - sorry, WHAT? And that big gold robot thing that sounds just like Julian Clarey. Not that there is anything wrong with Julian Clarey - but he definitely sounds just like him. Is it him doing the voice? I don't know...
The little thing that bleeps? You mean R2D2, he is a legend! Bravest, cleverest droid ever! No it is not Julian Clarey playing C3PO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I really don't like Star Wars at all but will go on Star Tours as it's a ride regardless of theming. We have 2 nights in site the week after GE opens and we have not decided whether or not to use the EEMH to go to Hollywood Studios. I am tempted to use the hours to go on the other rides as not seen Toy Story Land yet and my favourite ride is Tower of Terror.

It's worth a wander round and a go on the new ride but I wouldn't waste time queuing for hours.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post

This made me laugh, come to think of it, he does sound a bit like Julian Clarey

Having seen all the films, a visit is a must do on our next holiday there, whenever that may be.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List