Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Oct 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Did you rub the magic band store 😂😂😂😂 great food still . I have faith you used all the credits 😉
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Lol why so many magic bands!

Maya Grill looks really nice actually and it must be really nice to just roll home to bed after dinner. Those tempura prawn tacos are right up my street- no icky mayo or sour cream on them lol!

If we manage to do Disney again with the little one in 5yrs or so I wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach but I'd definitley consider Coronado as well, it looks really nice.
A Magic Band for every outfit of course

Funnily enough I wished the tacos had some sour cream

Nik is quite smitten with CSR after this trip but we've stayed twice now and it just doesn't click with me. I do appreciate the amenities and dining options are fantastic, but I much prefer CBR.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Enjoying reading along but now I am thinking twice about having bought Loungefly Backpacks for me, DD and DS's GF at the outlets given the problems you had misplacing your phone. I used a Kipling bag on the days we were in the parks (It is a red Mickey Mouse Rira Crossbody I bought in the Kipling UK Sale) and it held 2 phones, tissues,wallet and a kipling pouch with "ladies/girls essentials". It's a bit too small for day to day use so bought a few more for my collection from the outlets (all 70% off) including an Alice in Wonderland one that will be great as a travel bag for my next holiday.
I really love the Loungefly backpacks I had considered using one of them and then wearing a fanny pack or something similar for my phone. I am going to look out for some Kipling bargains on Ebay, ideally I'd like a Disney one. I really love the Alice in Wonderland print.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I recently had two of those things, the McGriddle and the burger at Yak and Yeti so it was nice to see your views as I enjoyed both as well. Looking forward to more although the amount of credits you still have to come is frightening!
It was your review that made me try the McGriddle!

Even our server was shocked when he saw how many credits we had to work through.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
You got lucky with McD's: it's closing in a few days for an extensive remodel and won't open back up until some time in 2020.
I saw that news! Nik will be devastated if it's not open by October All Stars food courts will be quids in.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Those shrimp tacos are right up my street and my husband would have loved those enchiladas. So many magic bands wow.
They tasted so fresh and even though they were fried I felt like I was eating something healthy

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
We haven't been to Maya Grill for a good few years. I was disappointed on that visit but looking at your pics and comments I think it's about time we gave it another go. I fancy trying to defeat the enchiladas
I definitely went with low expectations as generally hadn't seen good reviews but we were pleasantly surprised.

Our server said that he had served a teenage girl around my size (5ft) earlier and she had had the queso to start, and then polished off every bite of the enchiladas.

Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Did you rub the magic band store 😂😂😂😂 great food still . I have faith you used all the credits 😉
Yes, there's no Magic Bands for anyone's custom orders because I have them all

Thank you for reading!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Worth also looking at Cath kidson. I had a cute Alice in wonderland print cross bag for this years Disney Trip 😊. Loved the look of your shrimp tacos.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Please tell me I am not the only one who spends ages uploading all their pictures to their posts and then accidentally closes the window before posting!? I've done it twice on this post alone

DAY 3

Finally, it was time for the trip I had been planning for a year to properly begin. We had a 7.30am ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table, as it would be rude not to when you are on the DxDP with credits to burn. As I hadn’t booked this at 180 days it proved quite stressful to secure but after finishing work at the absurd time of 3.30am one night I hit the jackpot.

You can view the menu here: disneyworld.disney.go/en...l-table/menus/

We had quite a stressful start to the day. We had decided that although we had hired a car, we were going to take the bus anytime we went to Magic Kingdom. Nik was slower at getting ready than I’d have liked but we only arrived at the bus stop 5 minutes later than planned. A bus was supposedly due in 10 minutes but the time kept changing. There was lots of disgruntled people at the bus stop, I overhead someone saying they had already been waiting 30 minutes for a MK bus. We waited 20 minutes more and the bus was full by the time we had all squeezed on. I was awaiting Nik’s rant on how much he hates the buses but thankfully when we arrived at MK he said ‘Wow, that was quick’. Phew.

Unfortunately, bag check was not quick. I have never seen lines like it, I have no idea what the issue was but we were still outside the park at our ADR time. I was really annoyed as I had wanted to arrive in time for the start of Extra Extra Magic Hours so we could squeeze in some attractions before breakfast.

As we were late, we were the only family in entrance hall to meet poor Cinderella, we had left her hanging. I am so embarrassed whenever we are late but Disney seem so used to it it’s like the CMs aren’t even listening when you give them your excuses and apologies.

First, came the pastries to share. There were two mini pain au chocolat hidden, these had been taken out of the oven a little too soon and the pastry was soggy, yuk! The blueberry muffins were nice enough, I just grazed as I was hungry but saving myself for my main. Some more fruit would have been appreciated given this is a $75 breakfast.

We met Snow White.

Then our mains arrived, Beef Tenderloin and Egg Potatoes and Cheese Frittata with Broccolini, Boursin Cheese Sauce, and Chive Oil.

Although the Caramal Apple-stuffed French Toast and the Shrimp and Grits hugely appealed I couldn’t not order the same dish as I had the list time. Absolutely delicious and my only critique is that there wasn’t enough sauce. Usually I’d turn my nose up at potatoes and eggs together but everything in this dish pairs perfectly and the broccolini adds some great texture. Absolute 10/10.

Nik had the Traditional Breakfast Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Bacon and Potatoes

As boring as it looks A very poor portion for the price too.

Let me tell you a story about Nik. We have been to the US together 14 times. The second we are in our room he will turn the AC up as high as it will go so the room resembles the Arctic. I have to bring fleecy pyjamas with me and sleep with socks on. Every trip, and I mean, every trip, regardless of where it is, he gets a cold. I then have to endure him moaning about said cold for days on end and bemoaning why he always gets sick on holiday. Coincidence? I think not.

As you have probably guessed he was ill again so in a rotten mood. He only ate the eggs and complained that his bacon wasn’t crispy enough.

The Princesses were coming around thick and fast, which was good as I wanted to get on with the day and had no desire to hang around.

Breakfast cost an eye-watering $150.78, as much as I enjoyed my meal it is impossible to argue that it is worth it. Yes, it is fun to eat in the Castle, yes, it is great to meet the Princesses without having to queue, but that is crazy money. Thank goodness for the Dining Plan. I’ll be back though; I need that steak dish in my life.

Whilst waiting for Alice to come out we had a Cheshire Cat Tail and a Wonderland Slushy

The Cheshire Cat Tail ($5.84) has been on my wish list for a long time as looks so good, but it was just a chocolate twist. Sadly, the icing didn’t add anything. The slushy ($6.38) is Raspberry Lemonade and Fanta Grape, it was really nice although the candy straw made me fear for my teeth.

We love Fantasyland in the mornings you can get through so many attractions. I became an expert at refreshing the app for extra FPs this trip, we managed to get Peter Pan’s Flight and Mine Train as 4th+ FPs today.

Later in the morning we met Gaston. He tried to convince me to put in a good word for him with Belle but I said he had no chance as the Beast has a castle, he pointed out that he has a tavern haha. He is so funny, probably one of the best character meets.

We popped into Gaston’s Tavern for another snack break. LeFou’s Brew $6.17 and a Warm Cinnamon Roll $6.38.

I love LeFou’s Brew which is a frozen apple juice ‘with a hint of toasted marshmallow’, Nik thinks it is a bit too tart. It is topped with an ‘all0natural passion fruit-mango foam’ which is one of the tastiest parts. I’m not the biggest fan of cinnamon rolls but this was very more-ish, even Nik liked it and he doesn’t have a sweet tooth.

4 TS credits and 4 snacks down and it wasn’t even 12pm! Next, lunch at Be Our Guest.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

CRT is so expensive. Minnie and i had lunch this year and its a great way to meet princess but I would never pay oop for it!
The SC look great. Cant believe i didnt get a cinnamon roll this year. Enjoying reading along 😊😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I like how your tshirt was kind of mugging off all the other Disney Princesses 😂

Love that cinnamon roll at Gastons, it's so light. Looking forward to BOG lunch and hope you got the French dip lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We did CRT twice when my girls were younger and I’ve come so close to booking it again but can’t justify two credits or the cost for it. I change my views more than any man ever so we might go again one day! The Cheshire Cat tail was a disappointment for us
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great start to the park days. I love your ears and Niks shirt. A pain the bus let you down, but at least Nik thought it was speedy.

The food at CRT is poor for the price you're absolutely right. But it looks like you had fun meeting all the princesses.

Well done for squeezing in 3 more snacks before lunch.

Oh and you're not the only one! I've annoyingly lost several posts of trip reports by accidentally closing the window, or my internet cuts out or something. I never used to type up the days before posting and you would think I learned my lesson the first time everything was lost and I had to type up everything I'd written as well as inserting the photos, but no! It took several times of me losing posts before I started typing everything in word first, at least that way if I lose a post it's just the photos I have to upload and insert again.

I'm looking forward to the BOG lunch post, we never did make it this year. I'm going to guess you had the French onion soup as a starter, the French dip sandwich and then the grey stuff masters cupcake for dessert. Although that's just wishful thinking as that's what I wish I could have had. I'll have to wait for next year

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Yes I have also wrote out a massive post and closed the page or it's timed out so frustrating

Yay finally it's the DxDP!

I know what you mean about MK and the car, we've said the same too. When staying on resort it's much quicker to get the bus as it takes you straight to MK whereas driving you need to park at the TTC and then get the monorail or boat over.

It's really strange it was so busy at 7.30am! I'm like you I hate being late too, we also found it strange how CM's just weren't bothered by the lateness think the latest we were was half an hour at Mama Melrose

The size of Nik's portion compared to yours! I know it's meant to be more refine but WOW ... it literally looks like what you would get at a QS resort! Poor Nik, nothing worse than being ill on holiday

I've just added the slushy to my snack list, I didn't know it was a candy straw and I love fanta grape! I enjoyed the Cheshire Cats Tail but I like chocolate twists ... I'm the only one that does so had it all to myself

How lucky were you to get PP AND 7DMT as extra FP's! We were never that lucky ... determined to be more savvy this time though

I always here great things about the Gaston meet another added to the list.

I'm with Nik on the Le Fous Brew, I just can't get away with it and don't think it'll be on our next list I've just added the cinnamon roll as we didn't get it last time as I chickened out as no one else likes cinnamon but think we'll get it this to try.

I hope Nik starts to feel better soon xx

Edited at 11:42 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
That is a horrific price for breakfast especially looking at Nik's. We were on the bus going past the contemporary and an american lady was raving about chef mickey's breakfast but telling another american man it was really pricey $27. He was horrified. I didn't have the heart to interrupt and say it was now $49 each.
We tried that slushie it was very sweet. DD thought the grape tasted like medicine.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List