Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
That’s good to know about the Skyline station - we would certainly use it but obviously having a bus as an option is good too. Both of the rooms are preferred anyway so I doubt we’d have to walk far in the actual resort to the main bit, and From what I gather CBR has an internal bus to get people around the resort too? But yes, we’ve been to Centerparcs a few times now and it doesn’t bother us. The last time we were right on the outskirts and still didn’t seem like a long walk.
Preferred rooms at CBR are in either Martinique or Barbados. Both are great locations but I would say that Barbados probably edges it as it's closer to the Skyliner station and Spyglass Grill, although we were perfectly happy in Martinique. I'd happily stay in either

Yes, there is an internal resort bus, but by the time you wait for it, you could have walked. The only time we used it was if we'd jut got off the Skyliner and it happened to be at the Skyliner stop - just saved the legs a little bit at the end of a park visit

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Preferred rooms at CBR are in either Martinique or Barbados. Both are great locations but I would say that Barbados probably edges it as it's closer to the Skyliner station and Spyglass Grill, although we were perfectly happy in Martinique. I'd happily stay in either

Yes, there is an internal resort bus, but by the time you wait for it, you could have walked. The only time we used it was if we'd jut got off the Skyliner and it happened to be at the Skyliner stop - just saved the legs a little bit at the end of a park visit
I’m not so sure my legs will need saving... I’ll probably need the walk with the food I plan to consume hehe
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

If you have the choice I'd try and stay next to Spyglass grill the area is brilliant we're just back and its 5 mins walk from the skyliner and 10 from centretown.

Tbh walking about the resort was part of the charm for me.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We loved the Skyliner during our stay in October, we were in Barbados with 30 seconds to the bus stop and a 5 minute walk to the Skyliner and Old Port Royale. Personally hope they expand the Skyliner system.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Essexgal79
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Stayed at CSR first 2 weeks of November and it was fabulous. Resort absolutely beautiful and staff lovely, we stayed in Cabanas and our room looked and felt brand new. Food court very good and staff very happy to swap your dining plan about to accommodate you.
Can’t comment on buses as had a car. You definitely feel like you are getting more than a moderate resort.
Essexgal79 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Having just been to both it’s 100% Coronado Springs here. Feels like a deluxe resort now. Three bridges is amazing and Barcelona bar and Dahlia lounge also. I’d pay a fair bit more for CSR over CBR. I’d almost put Pop Century on a par with CBR. But all personal choice!
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks guys! We’re sticking with CSR but the tower hd become available. Has anyone stayed in both? Do you have a preference?
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’d love the opportunity to stay in the tower however if bathroom privacy is an issue, bear in mind the shower is not separated from the sinks in the tower rooms the way it is in the other rooms in the resort. For some people this is a deal breaker.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I’ve paid for the tower! The shower not being separate doesn’t bother me in the slightest
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I’d love the opportunity to stay in the tower however if bathroom privacy is an issue, bear in mind the shower is not separated from the sinks in the tower rooms the way it is in the other rooms in the resort. For some people this is a deal breaker.
This is the reason we didn't stay in the tower. If we were just a couple then it wouldn't be an issue, but as a family with a teen it would have made getting ready a lot trickier.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List