Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jan 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Busch Gardens 1 or 2 days?

Trying to start a rough plan. Going May 16th - 30th. I only have midweek days to do Busch Gardens. It only opens 10am until 6pm our first week and 7pm 2nd week. I was thinking 2 days as I counted 14 rides we want to do and obviously will want to see the animals. I have 14 day tickets so going twice is no problem that way. I can't find anywhere to find out wait times so I've just roughly counted 1 hr per ride which gives time for eating, toilet breaks, seeing animals etc. Plus I think my daughter will want to do them multiple times as we didn't make it in 2016 as we only done Disney, Universal. This time it's Universal, Seaworld parks with MK after hours and hopefully 1 day at HS but waiting until nearer the time to see how the queues are. I don't want to spend over £300 for 1 day and not get on much. Just really wanting to know is 2 days about right, We like all the big rides so will be going on everything but the kiddie rides.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, Busch gardens is a much calmer park than Disney, we usually go 3 times, but we have a longer holiday. The queues are much more manageable and when we go in early December most rides are walk on or less than 30 mins. It's a lovely park and one of our favourites.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

if you have tickets that will get you inside BG multiple times, then well, 2 days maybe
but you could also go 1 day with quick queue and acheive roughly the same as with 2 visits, without having to drive or bus there 2 times
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We normally do Busch Gardens twice over the course of two week holidays. More relaxed than parks in Orlando and also some good rides !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We have been to BG over 40 times and would still recommend visiting twice in the fortnight.
If you haven’t done it already, the Serengeti Safari is a must do.
If it were my choice, I would have a day concentrating on all the rides and a second day for chilling out with possibly the all day dining.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Been there 20 or more times.

It is a rather relaxed, quieter park and you could do most of it in a day. The problem is that I really like relaxed, the rides are as good as it gets. The Safari with Giraffe Feed is an absolute must for us and therefore I would suggest 2 days. It is a great park.

I agree that the all day dining is good on a second, walking around day. If you stay from rope drop till the end, then it becomes good value. I recommend the Smokehouse for at least one meal.

For what it is worth, we have often stayed overnight and hit BG on two days running, thus saving on driving. There are several budget hotels nearby.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've only ever been there once per holiday so far, but its a big rush to get everything in. May well be going twice next time.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Been to BG every visit for the last 5 and only have ever been one day. Generally found it to be really quiet, even in summer, and can generally get everything done in a day. Even more so with the quick que.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

We love this park and make sure that we visit at least on per holiday.

Last year we went on a Sunday in September and it wasnt busy at all, the only ride that had any real wait time was cheetah hunt but this was only around 30mins. We managed to do all the rides we wanted multiple times plus see see the animals.

Its a great park with a really chilled out feel, highly recommend!
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We only went once on our last holiday but normally go twice. A lot quieter and calmer then the Orlando parks. Most rides when ever i've been are less then a 20 minute queue. Its quite big and spread out but well worth trying to spread out over 2 days. Get the train from Nairobi to Congo and it takes you out on the plains with the animals.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List