Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Mar 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyloverz View Post
Dvc are now advising they as of today they will not return the points to the use year we borrowed from so we will lose all our points
Oh no! I hope not. That’s bang out out of order for those of us who’ve done the responsible thing and waited to call rather than sharpened our elbows clambering over those with reservations due to start before ours. Sincerely hope this is not true.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm devastated, even under medical grounds, they will not move the points into the year they came from so we have lost 156 points and need to find money to book other accommodation.

I have spoken to managers - they are adamant under no circumstances will they budge on this.

I've already had to pay an extra thousand pounds today to move our Holiday to August (Virgin Holidays)
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

There I was thinking 'at least Disney are looking after us'. Clearly not! That's totally out of order for people who cannot use their points due to the pandemic.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Bummer I have borrowed 155 from 2021
Old 18 Mar 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope we will get a big dues rebate due to low running costs in shutdown!
Old 18 Mar 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That is so frustrating! We used borrowed points for May, and I deliberately hadn’t phoned/online chat as I didn’t want to get in the way of people with trips in Mar/Apr. Shouldn’t have done that and sorted it yesterday...

Annoying as well that the online chat tells you to chat later if your trip isn’t before 31st Mar!

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Bummer I have borrowed 155 from 2021
me too. If I cancel and they are put into my 2020 year am I able to bank them?

We are going in 2021 (august) and my use year starts in June. I bank in January.

I should be able to bank 2020 points in Jan 2021 shouldn't I?
If I book in September (for Aug 2021) before January am I able to use the 2021 points I have borrowed for that reservation so I dont lose them.

I get soooo confused!

TIA

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

DVC - market leader in the new race for the bottom! 🤬
I can appreciate why they shouldn’t allow late banking or aged points to be resuscitated BUT if you borrowed from future years these points should be allowed back to the UY they came from, especially when you followed their previous advice to hold off calling for reservations after 31/3.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kellea View Post
me too. If I cancel and they are put into my 2020 year am I able to bank them?

We are going in 2021 (august) and my use year starts in June. I bank in January.

I should be able to bank 2020 points in Jan 2021 shouldn't I?
If I book in September (for Aug 2021) before January am I able to use the 2021 points I have borrowed for that reservation so I dont lose them.

I get soooo confused!

TIA
EDIT: sorry just realised you are banking non-borrowed points if i read that correctly. That's the usual rules.

They are saying they will just expire. Cannot bank. Cannot move them back to the year you borrowed from.

Not impressed.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I think this affects DVC owners in UK and Ireland disproportionately, as we tend to go for longer stays, requiring more points (usually meaning we have to bank or borrow points)

The fact their policy changed today and they were previously allowing borrowed points to go back to original year beggars belief, especially as we were asked NOT to contact member services if we didn't have a reservation after march 30.

Some of us (inc me) 'held off' cancelling because of their request on the DVC website BUT had I known they would change this policy to the current one which is unfair, I'd have waited online and asked member services to cancel.

I am so cross about this.

I'd like to know how many dibb dvc owners this affects, so later, will do a poll

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List