Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Our Glasgow flight for 24th Sept is now only showing Upper class - there were lots of seats yesterday!
We’re on this flight too xx
Old 8 May 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

If the Glasgow route gets moved to Manchester would you be offered a full refund if you didn’t want the change? Xz
Old 9 May 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
TUI would have been no different to Virgin when it comes to getting things sorted.In my experience TUI have one of if not the worst after sales service.Fine when everythings okay,but if not,generally useless
I've seen people elsewhere (FB groups) have their holiday with TUI cancelled and a refund in their bank in a few days.
Old 9 May 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
If the Glasgow route gets moved to Manchester would you be offered a full refund if you didn’t want the change? Xz
I think the likelihood is that Glasgow bookings would be cancelled and you'd need to rebook, for a few reasons.

Firstly there's been no confirmation of the number of flights that will take place, they've said they will confirm schedules soon...once that happens there's likely to be changes for existing Manchester bookings as I think there is likely to be less flights by virgin and more reliance on indirect.

Secondly the aircraft Virgin will use will have a smaller capacity, in the short term. Then you take into consideration any temporary social distancing procedures which makes capacity smaller again.

There's much more upheaval to come from Virgin and this news, they should have had this all ready to go as passengers are worried enough already without this being thrown into the mix.
Old 9 May 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My worry is that we booked with miles, and paid to boost them. If Virgin pull Glasgow flights it’s unlikely we would book with them next year. Maybe if they did what BA do and offer a connecting flight we would consider it. So we would get a refund of miles we have no plans to use.

Of course they’ve not actually said they’re pulling out of Glasgow so let’s not worry just now.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
My worry is that we booked with miles, and paid to boost them. If Virgin pull Glasgow flights it’s unlikely we would book with them next year. Maybe if they did what BA do and offer a connecting flight we would consider it. So we would get a refund of miles we have no plans to use.

Of course they’ve not actually said they’re pulling out of Glasgow so let’s not worry just now.
Who could they offer a connecting fight with? FlyBe were to be their domestic partner and they've gone bust.

BA offer connecting flights because they offer domestic routes and I don't see them rolling out the welcome mat to Virgin anytime soon.

Easyjet don't fly to LHR or MAN from Glasgow so they'd be out.

They haven't announced they're pulling out but putting some realism on it, it's highly likely that when Virgin start flying again that its going to be from LHR & MAN and they haven't cleared up that mess yet which will be their priority.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I've seen people elsewhere (FB groups) have their holiday with TUI cancelled and a refund in their bank in a few days.
Cant dispute that Davie as dont do FB but there are many whose holidays/ cruises cancelled as far back as March are still waiting on refunds or refund credits which TUI are pushing

Of course TUI were bailed/loaned out 1.5 billion by the German Gov on the basis they furloughed 11,000/the majority of their UK staff
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Cant dispute that Davie as dont do FB but there are many whose holidays/ cruises cancelled as far back as March are still waiting on refunds or refund credits which TUI are pushing

Of course TUI were bailed/loaned out 1.5 billion by the German Gov on the basis they furloughed 11,000/the majority of their UK staff
Strange way of working, don't see why folk from march are still waiting when newer refund requests are being processed and in accounts in a few days.
Old 9 May 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Certainly is a strange way or working.I have friends who were due to go early April and no further forward with refund yet other friends who were due to go much later in the year who have had a full refund.Some are also being offered a straight cash refund,others are being pushed a refund credit.Doesnt seem to much of a system with TUI.It appears to be those that are fortunate to get through to the call centre which is hit or miss are the fortunate ones

Its equally as bad for the likes of me who is booked via an independant TA.
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Who could they offer a connecting fight with? FlyBe were to be their domestic partner and they've gone bust.

BA offer connecting flights because they offer domestic routes and I don't see them rolling out the welcome mat to Virgin anytime soon.

Easyjet don't fly to LHR or MAN from Glasgow so they'd be out.

They haven't announced they're pulling out but putting some realism on it, it's highly likely that when Virgin start flying again that its going to be from LHR & MAN and they haven't cleared up that mess yet which will be their priority.
Well then they’d lose any Scottish custom that’s for sure.

Anyway, I’m not convinced they’ll stop Glasgow flights. They have a bit of a monopoly up here. Gatwick makes sense as they already fly out of Heathrow which is only a few miles away. I disagree that it’s realistic to assume they’ll pull out of Glasgow too. Why would the Gatwick issue have any impact on Glasgow flights that are already planned anyway?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List