Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

We’re rebooked to July 21 from August this year. Who knows what the world will be like by then... but we live in hope.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

(Of course your not mad!... We are all feeling deflated and want desperately something,anything to look forward to... The problem is Orlando is so expensive and if these currant restrictions are still in place the experience will not be as it should!...I am desperate to go back but will not until things are more "normal!...I watched a recent vlogg in Magic Kingdom and just felt sad seeing people with masks up to their eyes ,even little children and the waiting times for splash mountain were long with only one party per boat!... no fireworks,no park hopping not all restaurants open!... No i feel sad but i will wait!...
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Only yesterday I was saying to hubby, we should be saying yay we go on holiday this Month! (19th August) in April we amended it to next August. So deflated that we have waited 18months to get to this point then got another year to wait. But, upside is we go to thorpe Park on the 4th September and that was the day we was due to fly back home. The good side of it is, we still have something to look forward to as this holiday was going to be the last florida holiday for a while. I'm pretty sure most will be back to normal by next year. Maybe still social distancing, possibly face masks but we are already adapting to it here by then it will be normal. If not, then I will be moving it to Easter the following year. But am feeling pretty confident.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I’m feeling the same at the moment. Flight prices for July are looking very good with BA and for peak summer holidays (work in a school so no flexibility) we’d never normally get a flight for £400!

BA seem to be doing a free change thing as well so could always change it. But it’s just that I don’t think it’ll be back to normal.

Decisions, decisions

DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
The beauty of a BA fly drive is that all the insurances are included, you don't need to upgrade to silver, gold etc like Virgin. You can also customise your trip. last year we flew into Tampa and out of Miami, this year we should have flown into Orlando and out of Miami. You just pay a deposit, we've always paid £350 and the balance is due before you go, I think it's 3 weeks now. Only thing to remember is that this doesn't include seat reservations, you pay for them on top, although we've never bothered.
Thank you. That's helpful. Are the released at the same time as the flights? Or can you those before? Sorry for all the questions, I've done everything separately before! X
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KitCat2019 View Post
Thank you. That's helpful. Are the released at the same time as the flights? Or can you those before? Sorry for all the questions, I've done everything separately before! X
No worries, we've done 4 trips now - inc this cancelled one (including that because it was all booked and planned ) and always done BA fly drives. They're released at the same time as the flight. You can either click on the flight + car option, or, when you go to flight only, add your flights and when you get to the page with the price, it allows you to add a car or a hotel which them makes it a package, and therefore you have full protection as you would booking a holiday with Virgin/TUI etc. Hope that helps!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
We booked our villa for August 2021 last year, we have everything crossed that we can go. Am hoping to book fly drive when released but doubt if our insurance would cover them if we had to cancel. We have DC tickets booked and would give Disney a miss if it is still as it is now.
It's so hard to know what to do isn't it? Your trippy to NYC inspired me to book 4 nights over thanksgiving this year, brilliant deal for £1700 for the 4 of us with BA, but of course that will be cancelled aswell (We don't want to go ) Thankfully we didn't tell the kids so they weren't let down!

NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
(Of course your not mad!... We are all feeling deflated and want desperately something,anything to look forward to... The problem is Orlando is so expensive and if these currant restrictions are still in place the experience will not be as it should!...I am desperate to go back but will not until things are more "normal!...I watched a recent vlogg in Magic Kingdom and just felt sad seeing people with masks up to their eyes ,even little children and the waiting times for splash mountain were long with only one party per boat!... no fireworks,no park hopping not all restaurants open!... No i feel sad but i will wait!...
I do feel the same about the parks too. I think what i'm most disappointed about is that my parents were coming with us and it was their first ever trip to Florida, so we were having the big Disney experience before they wouldn't be able to travel anymore, am gutted we wont experience it with them.

If only we had a crystal ball, eh?!

Old 2 Aug 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's so hard to know what to do isn't it? Your trippy to NYC inspired me to book 4 nights over thanksgiving this year, brilliant deal for £1700 for the 4 of us with BA, but of course that will be cancelled aswell (We don't want to go ) Thankfully we didn't tell the kids so they weren't let down!
Aww such a shame, you are lucky the kids didn't know. We were so lucky we did NYC last year,might be our last holiday in a while. We are supposed to be flying to Barcelona on Tues but changed it to Menorca for Oct.
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

No worries, we've done 4 trips now - inc this cancelled one (including that because it was all booked and planned ) and always done BA fly drives. They're released at the same time as the flight. You can either click on the flight + car option, or, when you go to flight only, add your flights and when you get to the page with the price, it allows you to add a car or a hotel which them makes it a package, and therefore you have full protection as you would booking a holiday with Virgin/TUI etc. Hope that helps!
Thanks, that's great to know.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List