gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
just the 2 of us day 1 Aug 2018

Hello!
thanks for coming back!

so today was going to be Universal for the next 2 days. we had booked a one night stay at the RPR to take advantage of express passes.

we got up early at Clarion Inn Lake Beauna Vista and packed our cabin cases with what we needed for the next couple of days.

we left at 6am to go and check in. we knew our room wouldnt be ready yet, but being able to grab our express passes and hit the park early leaving the cases with them was ideal.
i met this shady fella at check in. very funny

we walked straight up to check in and the girl asked us if we wanted to upgrade to the pool view room with king size bed. for an extra $30. i did so the toal bill came to $69 with parking and VAT. we chose our temporary express pass, me harry potter of course and lee the hulk. she asked if why we was staying for one night so told her it was the hotel we decided to celebrate our 20th anniversary with. she gave us 2 we are celebrating our 20th anniversay badges which one was attached to my t shirt the other to the back of the back pack.

we walked to the park following the signs and drank everything in. we was back!

i had bought the 3 day photopass online before we left so the photographer told us where to activate it.
we decided to hit universal studios first and went on the minions ride, jimmy fallon and my god that ride made me feel sick lol
then of course one of our favorites, the mummy

then some chill out time as it was already getting hot!

we headed for Diagon Alley and grabbed our first butter beer of the holiday

cheers!
we grabbed a bite to eat and took a stroll back to the main entrance, where we rode RRR

...3 times!
it was getting close to 3.30 and we were both knackered.
we took the boat back to RPR and i asked if our room would be ready yet as we was knackered. she checked the system and told us to take a seat if we liked and it wouldnt be long. 45 minutes later lee went up and enquired as it was now close to 4.30, she said they are getting the room ready now, we have been upgraded.
another 20 minutes and we was called up to the desk to choose our room key/park passes again and given the map of where our room was. she was grinning from ear to ear.

we went to our floor and was searching for our door...

we looked at each other when we saw presidential suite beside the door with a bell. i opned the door and wow. what an amazing upgrade!
we couldnt believe it and didnt want to leave the room!

after a shower and phoning down to main reception to say a massive thankyou, i sat in the chair beside the bed and was looking at the window.
i was was watching the rides in the park and a family play in the pool below. at that point i wished the boys with was us to enjoy what we was.

i quickly changed my top again and we headed out to city walk to go grab some tea.
we decided on taking the ferry over and had a great seat at the back

we looked in the shops and decided to eat at bubba gumps. Im not too keen but lee loves it there.

i had the BBQ pulled pork in bun with chips and lee had prawns i think?

followed by a few cocktails.
to be honest we could wait to go back to the room so we brabbed some cinabons and drinks and headed back for the evening.

tomorrow Universal Island of Adventure!
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif

Edited at 01:45 PM.
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! That's fantastic what an upgrade. You were extremely lucky.
Old 22 Aug 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Great upgrade!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
So impressed. How lucky you both were.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love RRR so much , I will be brave one day and ask for front seats
Wow what a fabulous upgrade for $30 , I’d definitely want to spend as much time as possible in there !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List