Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Aug 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

We don't have electric so it needs to be standard coolbox or tinned:
We usually take a couple of tinned curries which are surprisingly decent with microwave rice packets that we open and add straight to the curry on the hob for less washing up.
Hot dogs and tinned chilli
Quorn pieces (don't like risking chicken when camping unless it's night 1), tin of stir fry vegetables, jar of stir fry sauce, noodles or rice again.
Or Pre make anything in a sauce, whack it in a Tupperware and reheat when you get there
Then the pot noodles for worst case scenario of its chucking it down and you just need something warm

Tuna, cheese, corned beef or salami for sandwiches

Cooked brekkie or tinned beans and sausages
Old 17 Aug 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Just gt back from camping, a few blips, DH nearly broke hos toe, putting up tent in the rain etc, but overall a good trip. Dog ate DH steak though as he didnt feel hungry when i did it! Definetly the way to go with pre-cooking stuff. Hamburgers in tin didnt get eaten! Going again bank holiday weekend.
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we also went camping at the weekend (saltfleet in lincs) and heres a few pics...

burger on the first night. normally i make my own thin patties, but i didnt have freezer space, so just bought 4 burgers (and the ribeye) from the butchers on the way to the site. coupled with cheese and pre-cooked crispy streaky bacon

(cook it on a baking tray in the oven, then remove and put in a plastic food tub to take with you, then just reheat for a minute or so to crisp it back up)

heres the bbq, its a collapsible one that is big enough to cook for the whole group - they bring the coals, and i cook the meats (then when im done with my bit and want to eat, someone else takes over) - if you can, a chimney starter is an essential tool in any bbq

so we did a normal cook of everyone sausages/burgers/etc, and then it was steak night, so a few of us brought nice steaks to cook... so using the chimney to get it nice and hot again, the steaks went on for only a couple of minutes each side

the potatoes were ones i steamed in the microwave and brought in a sandwich box, then just warmed them up in a pan to serve with the steak

and the finished article was damn fine!

we also had some freshly picked samphire from theddlethorpe beach, but i didnt take a photo of that being served but all we did was wash it thoroughly then just sauteed in the frying pan for a minute or two with a little garlic olive oil...

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just gt back from camping, a few blips, DH nearly broke hos toe, putting up tent in the rain etc, but overall a good trip. Dog ate DH steak though as he didnt feel hungry when i did it! Definetly the way to go with pre-cooking stuff. Hamburgers in tin didnt get eaten! Going again bank holiday weekend.
Oh no, shame about the blips but didn’t put you off if you’ve rebooked 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List