Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Oct 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I think it’s really sad because you were on cloud nine and now that feeling has gone.
I’m a widow so won’t have to be in this position but I do remember not that long ago ordering the most amazing formal beaded long gown from John Lewis for cruises which was super expensive. It arrived and I too felt like a million dollars so I took it up to my daughters showed her and she told me that it was a beautiful dress but just not flattering for my figure as it made my tummy and midriff look very big.
Once home I was right on the point of sending it back. I thought those words would haunt me every time that I wore it.
Thank goodness that I didn’t take a scrap of notice because when I wear it on formal nights I still feel a million dollars and so so many people have commented about how gorgeous it is and how much it suits me.
Stand tall, and remember your initial feeling which most of the time when it’s a gut feeling is the right one and you will look stunning.

I'm so glad you kept the dress, it sounds beautiful and feel a million dollars in it, it's a lovely feeling
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LadyAurora View Post

I'm so glad you kept the dress, it sounds beautiful and feel a million dollars in it, it's a lovely feeling
You will be the same. Your other half can stay in the dog house lol!
Old 1 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If your DH was anything like mine it was probably an off-the-cuff (albeit thoughtless) comment that he forgot the second after he said it, but has left you re-playing it in your head.
I rarely ask DH’s advice on fashion now as after telling me his actual thoughts a few times (and upsetting me), he now sits on the fence with “it looks fine” 😂
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

I think if you felt you look great in it Then you probably do ! If you feel like something suits you -you are confident / comfortable then that carries across and you will wear it well.
If I were you I have some nice underwear on underneath 😁😂 so you can show him what he’s going to be missing lol 😂
Maybe try it in again with any accessories make up hair whatever you planned to have on with it .go look in the mirror and remind yourself how good you look.
My guess is your husband just needs to adjust to the new look 😁
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyHaunt13
Excited about Disney

Whenever my hubby says or does something insensitive I always ask myself was it done with the intention to hurt me?

I know that my husband loves me and would never do anything to purposely hurt me... it helps keep perspective and then instead of argument I can calmly explain to him that what he did/said hurt my feelings and how/why it hurt my feelings...

He is always quite surprised and very apologetic once he understands how it made me feel. We’ve literally never had to argue through this approach.

I always say that you don’t necessarily have to apologise for what you did only for how it made me feel.
HappyHaunt13 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Hope you and your family have a wonderful day today at DS wedding. I’m sure you look wonderful.💗
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

LadyAurora - I hope you all have a lovely day. I’m sure you’ll look fabulous.
Old 2 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I think as mother of the bride or groom most of us tend to think we have to go quite traditional that is knee,or mid calf dress with a jacket or matching coat and a hat,something most of us would never wear in everyday life and in that respect you're husband is probably right because I look at photos of my wedding 40 years ago and the outfit my mother is wearing could be worn today and is very similar to the pictures that come up on the internet when you put in mother of the bride/groom

I hadn't realised wedding was today have a wonderful day

Edited at 11:45 AM.
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Have a wonderful day- hope you all have a lovely time
Looking forward to some photos when you can share them
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List