Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Feb 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2008
Imagineer

Hello! Long time no chat!

Well it's been 6 years since I last posted. We last went to WDW in Sept 2011. Since then I have had two children Theo in Aug 2012 and Lottie Dec 13. They are now 5+4. We are looking to return to disney... woohooo in August 2019 or 2020 depending on the cost! We want to stay onsite..not fussy though. We will just be doing Disney on this trip. Any tips ad I feel well out of the Disney loop!
Hello to those who were here back in 2008-2011 when I posted alot!
2010 SSR & BWV. 2011 Atlanta with a road trip to wdw.
Pluto2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Hello and welcome back.

You’ll probably get better responses if the mods could kindly move this to the WDW planning section of the Dibb.
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Well the good news is free dining still happens. The 2019 offer should post in late April. If you’re a fan of the value resorts they now get free dining in the form of what is called free breakfast but is in fact 1 free QS credit per person per day, which is far better than just brekkie!

Fast-passes are now Fastpass plus that are booked online or via phone up to 60 days before arrival, so no more re paper fastpasses or the Olympic fastpasses grab sprint! Make sure you get online early for Pandora in Animal Kingdom!

Ah, yes, Pandora, that’s new since 2011, as is the comprehensive rethink at Hollywood Studios that means a lot has closed, but by next year a Toy Story land will have opened which is likely to be just right for your kids. As should be the new fantasyland at Magic Kingdom with the 7 dwarves mine train and beauty and the beast attractions. And a new restaurant Be Our Guest, which is the only reservable lunchtime QS at WDW and vital to reserve for dinner when it is a TS and has meets with the beast too.

Downtown Disney has now given way to Disney Springs which is far better with much improved traffic, a bridge to SSR and great restaurants and nightlife.

The bad news is Disney inflation continues apace. Prepare to pay nearly double what you paid in 2011. SSR and OKW are undergoing a refurb later this year and should be looking good for 2019. Caribbean Beach is in the middle of a highly disruptive revamp which will see it fully refreshed by next year, and with a gondola system that connects it to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Both Pop (which has just had a Reno) and Art of Animation (a new quite pricey value resort that doesn’t participate in free dining) are also getting the gondola transportation. Expect the gondola resorts to see a price hike once it opens. And talking of price hikes, beware Star Wars land which is slated to open late 2019 and will likely bring very big price rises across all on-site accommodation in 2020.

If you’re not a fan of Star Wars, or just want to keep the price down (quite a laughable aim at Disney these days) and avoid extra-high crowds then I suspect avoiding 2020 (first year of Star Wars Land) and 2021 (50th anniversary) could be a good idea! Out of the 2 years you’re thinking about I’d say 2019 would be the best for your kids and your bank balance!
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List