Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Trip reports families with a three year old

We are travelling for the first time with our 3 year old & I was wondering if there were any trip reports I can read with families who have children of the same age?

Would be interesting to see what the days were like and what sort of rides he will be able to go on

Thank you

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

None spring to mind in afraid. I hope someone can help.

In 2013 my girls were 1.5&3.0 and then in 2014 they were 3.0&4.5 so I have experience with three year olds in Orlando.

Have a look at the height chart for rides, you’ll be surprised how much they can go on, but remember just because they can it doesn’t mean they should!

Days start early and tended to end early as well. At the beginning of the holiday they would start stupid early and towards the end of the holiday they would end pretty late (dawn ‘till midnight the last day!).

Make a plan, ADR’s and FP+ etc but don’t be afraid to chuck it all out of the window when necessary. We always, and still do, review tomorrow’s plans the evening before, before we go to bed and change things around to suit mood, tiredness levels, how they are with character and rides etc.

Disney hotels (most) have children’s playgrounds, we spent many an evening visiting these and having a QS tea in that resort and then hitting the playground for an hour. When the theme parks got too much it isn’t always that they’re tired, they just need a break from the over stimulation and the playgrounds allow them a more relaxing ‘normal’ activity.

Don’t underestimate how often they’ll want to leave the theme parks and go swimming!
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
First one that comes to mind is Stewboy, they have a daughter who is around 6 and they've gone every year

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...9#post12755379

I think that Wizzo's girls were that young too on some of his reports.
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We went when DS was 3 we had a brillant time. Early mornings were great to get a head start on the crowds.
All the non height restriction rights are suitable. DS loved the winnie the pooh ride and also the Lion King show.
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
None spring to mind in afraid. I hope someone can help.

In 2013 my girls were 1.5&3.0 and then in 2014 they were 3.0&4.5 so I have experience with three year olds in Orlando.

Have a look at the height chart for rides, you’ll be surprised how much they can go on, but remember just because they can it doesn’t mean they should!

Days start early and tended to end early as well. At the beginning of the holiday they would start stupid early and towards the end of the holiday they would end pretty late (dawn ‘till midnight the last day!).

Make a plan, ADR’s and FP+ etc but don’t be afraid to chuck it all out of the window when necessary. We always, and still do, review tomorrow’s plans the evening before, before we go to bed and change things around to suit mood, tiredness levels, how they are with character and rides etc.

Disney hotels (most) have children’s playgrounds, we spent many an evening visiting these and having a QS tea in that resort and then hitting the playground for an hour. When the theme parks got too much it isn’t always that they’re tired, they just need a break from the over stimulation and the playgrounds allow them a more relaxing ‘normal’ activity.

Don’t underestimate how often they’ll want to leave the theme parks and go swimming!
Thank you for you advice, haha yes it sounds like you have experience in taking little ones I see what you mean about the height restrictions I don’t think my son will want to go on too much maybe just the little softer rides but we can always stand and have a watch and see what his reaction is.

Like the thought of the early starts, my son is definitely an early riser (5.30/6 most days) so that is where most of our park time will come from I should imagine!

He also loves a park and swimming also so I think that will
Play a big part in our holiday - it will be nice to try new things as we haven’t stayed on site before!

Going to put some park and swimming time in the plan but keep it flexible! X
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
First one that comes to mind is Stewboy, they have a daughter who is around 6 and they've gone every year

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...9#post12755379

I think that Wizzo's girls were that young too on some of his reports.
Thank you - I will have a little look x

Old 18 Feb 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
We went when DS was 3 we had a brillant time. Early mornings were great to get a head start on the crowds.
All the non height restriction rights are suitable. DS loved the winnie the pooh ride and also the Lion King show.
Ah that’s good that you had a great time! Did u find that you still managed to see all that you wanted to with a little one?

We used to always get to the parks nice and early so that will be handy for the queues! Can’t wait to go on the Winnie the Pooh ride my son will love it and it’s a small world although my husband won’t haha
X

Old 18 Feb 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did it when our daughter was 2.5 so a little younger. Half days in parks, early rising, research the play ground or chill out areas for a break, eat little and often and take in snacks.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We went in 2016 with DS 3 1/2 and dd 3 months
We had a brilliant time, mainly did early mornings then back after lunch
I did start writing a trip report but never finished it ☺️
Our DS hadn’t napped at home for a while but he had a good 1-1 1/2 hour each day

He is very tall so could go on most rides. We just showed him you tube clips and let him decide what he wanted to do

He loved splash mountain and kali. Wasn’t too sure about tot!

It was our first time on site and it was definitely so much easier to nip back

Take a easy to fold pram for the buses/tram along with a pram fan
Have a rucksack as your park bag and before you leave the park make sure there isn’t anything under the pram that stops it folding
I took a small change bag then ended up with all kinds of junk that needed a home. It was pain, wish I could of just dumped it all in the rucksack
Happy to answer any questions
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=955799
This is my trip report, I actually only wrote to day 5, but you can get an idea. The girls were 2 and 3 and had the most amazing time and we are going back this year with their new brother who will be 13 months and the girls 4 and 5 x
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List