Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Oct 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Any Legend of Zelda fans?

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just got my hands on a Nintendo Switch and a copy of 'Breath of the Wild'.

Wow, what a game! Although I feel like I've spent ages on it and all I've done is collect a couple of apples!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I am also a fan but haven't played it recently. It is a massive game and cutting the grass is great fun.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I am also a fan but haven't played it recently. It is a massive game and cutting the grass is great fun.
Can you come and cut my grass please. It's really long!

God I remember the children playing Zelda many many years ago.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

I love Legend of Zelda and I love BoTW, but to me it didn't feel like a Zelda game. I prefer the classic dungeon crawlers rather than the open world.

BoTW is still a 9/10 game for me though.
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taker View Post
I love Legend of Zelda and I love BoTW, but to me it didn't feel like a Zelda game. I prefer the classic dungeon crawlers rather than the open world.

BoTW is still a 9/10 game for me though.
A few friends have said it's more like the Skyrim type model? I'm not sure how I feel about no temples yet!

I've never played Skyrim but I've seen it's available for the Switch so I might give it a go... In 300 odd hours after I've got through Zelda!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

I've recently replayed Ocarina of Time on the 3DS - what an absolute classic that was.

I then attempted to re-play Twilight Princess on the Wii, but tbh it looked a bit naff and blocky on a 50 inch HD TV. (I know, first world problems! ) BoTW looks amazing so far - although I'm not enjoying the stamina wheel (like in Skyward Sword - the only Zelda game I've started and lot finished).
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I really liked twilight princess and skyward sword, still have my wii for them and bought the switch mainly for the Zelda games but I don’t like botw as much as the others, I don’t like the fact that you don’t have a proper weapon, well I haven’t got that far into it and that you can only use them for so long. It’s a lot harder than the other versions which has put me off playing it recently, also I’m really busy at the moment with work stuff
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
taker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
A few friends have said it's more like the Skyrim type model? I'm not sure how I feel about no temples yet!

I've never played Skyrim but I've seen it's available for the Switch so I might give it a go... In 300 odd hours after I've got through Zelda!
Yes definitely a Skyrim feel with the open world. 300 hours may scratch the surface 😉
taker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pineapple515
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Yes massive fan. Absolutely love that game.

My all time favourite is majoras mask, closely followed by ocarina of time.
pineapple515 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

I have a switch and love Zelda botw! I darent admit how many hours I’ve spent on it and I’m still not close to finishing it, fantastic game!