Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Oct 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Fave Deluxe (Club Level?)

We are just starting to plan a 2021 trip, and what we'd love to do is have 8 nights at POFQ (we just came back from there a month ago and loved it so much), then have our last night in a Deluxe Resort, maybe club level - we're thinking we'll do a park in the morning then check into the deluxe after lunch and have a super lush afternoon and evening soaking it all up - the dream scenario is to sit out on a balcony in hotel robes with a glass of wine toasting a brilliant holiday!

I stayed in GF as a kid once but don't remember the rooms, I remember loving Wilderness Lodge when I stayed there about 10 years ago, but otherwise we have no experience with Deluxe. From looking online and having a bit of an explore on our most recent trip, we think our faves are GF (although that's the top of the price range) and Boardwalk, and a friend has recommended Beach Club.

Would welcome any other recommendations! And do you think Club Level is worth it to take advantage of the lounge/food for an afternoon and evening? Bearing in mind the friend I'm travelling with is gluten free so not sure how much of it she'd be able to enjoy.

Thanks all!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post

We are just back from a holiday where we did nine nights at Wilderness Lodge Club level and then five nights at Grand Floridian club level, in the outer building club.

We were made to feel more welcome at WL and the way they greeted us and showed us around really made us feel special. At Grand Floridian, the guy at the desk barely looked up and seemed to wonder what I was doing there.

The food at the Grand Floridian was better, but the lounge got very busy at serving times. I was glad we were not in a room overlooking the lounge as they must get a lot of noise. The Wilderness Lodge lounge is on the seventh floor and overlooks the main reception area, the seating is all the way round and other than one sofa is all wooden tables and chairs.

The rooms were similar to any other deluxe room, I preferred the GF room, WL room was quite dark. The balcony at WL was tiny and if you are sat down you cannot see over the high wall and even if you could we overlooked a loading bay. So the dream of sipping champagne on the balcony would not have been very magical.

Personally, I don’t think it is worth the bother of changing for one night, you will have the room for less than 24 hours and you probably won’t want to be in it the whole time. I definitely do not think it is worth paying a premium for club for one night, it might be ok for a few nights but I just don’t think you will get a lot out of it for one day.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

2 favourites - Boardwalk Inn, boardwalk view club level and Wilderness Lodge club level. Both have friendly CMs offering relaxed personal service (or at least that was my experience), I'm friends with a couple of the BWI CMs and they are the best

Running closely behind is GF main building CL, beautiful settings, loved being in my room hearing the band playing, but wasn't overly impressed with the CMs.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Out of the ones I've stayed at I'd choose in this order:
Contemporary 14th Floor
GF Main Building
GF Sugar Loaf
Contemporary 12th Floor
BWI
Yacht Club

I used to be addicted to Poly Club level many years ago and stayed over 150 nights there until my favourite cast members moved on (Club level CM's did room allocation in those days and would block 3509 for me with Castle dead centre from the balcony) and the new ones kept trying to put me on the second floor which hasn't got a balcony so I moved on and tried others. Used to have the best food in the Poly when Chef Dick was in charge too.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

We had 10 nights AKL club (which includes Savannah view). Really enjoyed it. Very welcoming team, the lounge is really nice on the top floor looking across the lovely lobby below (no animal views). Food good and usually some options that are a little different from norm (ie from Boma).

The resort is lovely, and handy for AKL and nice to have the Savannah view too. Something a little different, and has a nice vibe about the place.
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved Poly club and had a 3rd floor room with a balcony. I loved the dedication building and how easy it was to pop to club anytime to grab a drink or use the lounge for extra space.
It is also fantastically located for the pool.
2nd choice would be AK club. Food was good but a long walk from the room so definitely didn’t make good use of the offerings.
We have also stayed YC and whilst the food was excellent, i just didn’t love it.
Have fun deciding 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a week last year at contemporary 12th floor atrium club. It was fantastic. Have also done yacht club, beach club and AK. All good but not as good as contemporary
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List