Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Do you dislike January

Oh i.hate January,and February almost as bad. It's dull after Christmas, it's dark, it's cold , it's long.

Roll on February at least it's half term, so will plan something in, and booked a night away dh and I. Did that last year too so something to look forward to 6 wks after Christmas.

Happy 2020 guys xx

Edited at 11:09 AM.
Snowball24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Same here. The Christmas holidays are over, diets have kicked in, dark mornings and nights, it's cold... Back to work too.

Planning a career move too, and dissertation writing so it will be a busy few months.

But at least I can say I'm going to Florida this year!
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
No, I actually quite like it - much preferable to November - it's full of anticipation for what the year will bring, and the days are getting longer.
So put on the heating (light the fire in our case), light some candles, snuggle up with a glass or mug of something nice, and start planning things to do for when the weather improves!
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I love January. A time when I can focus, where no-one else needs my time, I am not expected to do anything, arrange anything, dress up and go anywhere etc.

The long evenings are cosy, the kids want to be home playing board games, watching cheesy films - and food is "easier" - hearty slow cooker soups, stews, cobblers - crusty part-baked rolls.

Work is quieter - a pharmacy on Christmas Eve is (really, truly) not a quiet, restful place to work... January is lovely.

WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Perfect
Proud to wear my Ears

I dislike Jan and Feb, that’s why we always have a winter holiday. Off to Florida at the end of Jan, it’s our Christmas present to each other.
Perfect is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Perfect View Post
I dislike Jan and Feb, that’s why we always have a winter holiday. Off to Florida at the end of Jan, it’s our Christmas present to each other.
Thats perfect, Perfect

Disney332
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Nope , we always go away at the end of Feb so have that to look forward to throughout Jan, plus some other stuff going on.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Don't hate but hope it goes quickly. We always go to Orlando end of Jan, begining of Feb.
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

No, January is a happy month for us, we have 4 family birthdays, and 2 friends also have birthdays.

I’m looking forward to February too, our Son turns 21.
Old 1 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I like the quietness of January after the usual hectic November/December, well at home anyway-work is always busy! Have a theatre show to look forward to and some nice evenings in front of the fire
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List