Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Feb 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Villas and stairgates

Just a quick one... I’m Searching for a villa next year and if they are 2 storey I will need stair gates as taking a toddler. Some
Supply, some don’t and when I’ve asked I’ve been told that they aren’t allowed to supply for insurance purposes and I can supply my own.

Weird, as some have them already.

Any owners have any input here?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I've never heard of any such thing about not being allowed to supply stair gates and we provide gates for both top and bottom of our stairs being a two storey. I also don't see how you could provide your own either, as the best/safest gates fix into small cups which are screwed onto the wall which you obviously couldn't do if you were supplying your own. In your position I certainly wouldn't want to reply on a gate at the top of the stairs held in just by tension and if you did damage the wall, you could be held responsible.

I guess the answer is just to find a suitable villa which can supply what you need.

Debra
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
I've never heard of any such thing about not being allowed to supply stair gates and we provide gates for both top and bottom of our stairs being a two storey. I also don't see how you could provide your own either, as the best/safest gates fix into small cups which are screwed onto the wall which you obviously couldn't do if you were supplying your own. In your position I certainly wouldn't want to reply on a gate at the top of the stairs held in just by tension and if you did damage the wall, you could be held responsible.

I guess the answer is just to find a suitable villa which can supply what you need.

Debra
Agree 100% do we’ve just discounted that one. Ours at home are fixed top and bottom, pressure gates are dangerous.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have you considered looking at single storey buildings instead? We stayed in a villa when my little one was 14 months and one of my main requirements was a lack of staircase. They had a pressure mounted gate which was good enough to keep her in the living area.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Have you considered looking at single storey buildings instead? We stayed in a villa when my little one was 14 months and one of my main requirements was a lack of staircase. They had a pressure mounted gate which was good enough to keep her in the living area.
I’ve been looking for a few weeks but there’s a group of us going and everyone has a request so trying to find one to suit everyone is tricky!

All I was is stair gates. Most of the villas that are free for our dates are 2 storeys. I put a request on here and only had 6 back.
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I’ve been looking for a few weeks but there’s a group of us going and everyone has a request so trying to find one to suit everyone is tricky!

All I was is stair gates. Most of the villas that are free for our dates are 2 storeys. I put a request on here and only had 6 back.
That’s frustrating! We’re going as a group of 7 but my family are doing our own thing .

I can understand why you’d want gates. I hope you can find something suitable for everyone.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ll find somewhere. Just gotta keep looking. The things I put on the request were the deal breakers across the group so I can’t change that. From the 6 we had some were over budget so had to discount those as well.
Old 27 Feb 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
You have seven replies now but as you didn't mention a budget in your request, we may also be higher.

Debra
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
You have seven replies now but as you didn't mention a budget in your request, we may also be higher.

Debra
Ok, is it best to go back and update the request?
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
The problem with updating your request in the villa rental forum is that unlike posts in all the other forums, threads always stay in the order in which they are posted ie. even adding a new post on the end of your thread won't bring the thread back to the top. This means anything new won't necessarily be seen by some owners as threads can slip down the page quite quickly. It might be worth putting in a brand new request with any extra information not included in your first thread.

Debra