Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

What will you spend it on instead?

Hi all

This is meant to be a light hearted thread so I would love it not to become opinion based on when holidays restart!

So like everyone here we had various holiday plans for this year which we are now choosing to shelve.

We are considering using our holiday money to do a reasonably big kitchen renovation and move some walls and other stuff to open up the space.

I’ve seen other Dibbers mention replacing cars, keeping extra money in the bank, or rolling the funds into a bigger and better holiday in the future.

Do you know what you will do yet?
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Apparently, speaking with a property expert friend online, many people are looking at home improvement or buying a bigger or better home and as such prices are rising and she expects that to continue !

I must admit I was looking at buying in California and now looking at the south coast of England instead
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are revamping out garden

New furniture, decking and patio. Its needed doing for a few years but we kept putting it off

Will be lovely on e its all done... but not as lovely as our holiday would have been
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a couple of none Florida trips planned, relatively cheap ones.
When I finally get a refund it will just be going in to savings unfortunately. I don't feel my job is safe now so we're building up some emergency funds incase the worst happens.

The money we'd normally be spending on days out & things has been spent renewing the kids wardrobes & bits in the garden. Our food bill has shot up too!

We had plans to move house which are now on hold as where we live now we could afford on one wage.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are not in our forever home so won't be doing anything major to the house, so our spare money will go into the bank and I intend to spend a LOT on our holiday when it finally happens

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Well we hope to use the money to rebook. But we need to upsize (to the forever home) this year and if our house has dropped in value we may need to use it towards that instead. So we can’t rebook anything just yet (not that the refunds are in our account yet!)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think ours seem to be going on extra food whilst on lockdown 😂

In reality though, it’s going in a separate holiday account (not that I’m getting any interest 😢 ) and it will be used for holidays when we can go again, hopefully next summer
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

May replace the windows on our boat, we keep talking about doing it. I’d like a total repaint but it’s not really necessary yet & far more cost than our holiday

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Garden. I am going to be seeing more of it than I had expected.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think ours seem to be going on extra food whilst on lockdown 😂

In reality though, it’s going in a separate holiday account (not that I’m getting any interest 😢 ) and it will be used for holidays when we can go again, hopefully next summer
As a university parent though we are still tied, are you? We have late May to late September available to us and I don't fancy going during the school holidays

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List