Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin now non-direct from Manchester?

Firstly let me apologise as I seem to be asking lots of questions re this issue.

We have booked with Virgin Holidays on a Virgin Atlantic flight. The inbound journey has now changed to non-direct. If they are in the process of changing planes from the 747 to the A330 I can understand some changes to the schedule, but does this new plane that they are putting on long haul flights not have the capability to fly non-stop?

Our 'my booking' info is still saying it's the 747 and both flights are unaffected on there. It's only when I go to do a dummy booking that it goes horribly wrong.

If by any miracle we get to go on this holiday we really don't want to fly in-direct and will hope to cancel.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

I rebooked my holiday EX MAN yesterday. They advised on the phone that both outbound and inbound are still direct flights.

Their 330's are perfectly capable of doing transatlantic flights

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

A330 replaces the 747 in quieter months to Orlando, reduced capacity mind you.
Old 14 May 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
I just wish I knew what their plan was . Like everyone else!

I wonder why they've put it as in-direct? Weird. And it has all cabins sold out apart from PE for some weird reason.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 04:49 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

I also noticed this earlier, and was quite disappointed as it’s the first time in ages we’ve actually got a direct flight, and paid a premium to do so to be honest. Then my very logical 15 year old made a very valid point, that as the new planes have reduced capacity there are no further direct seats available to sell as they will have been allocated to those of us due to fly on the 747. This kind of makes sense as out outbound on a dummy booking says no direct flight but there is still availablity for direct on the return date.
Having said all of that I’m still doubtful we’ll actually at all in August.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPrice
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post

I wonder why they've put it as in-direct? Weird. And it has all cabins sold out apart from PE for some weird reason.
It's the same on our November flights, all Economy seats are showing as fully booked the only availability were for PE and Upper Class.
MrPrice is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Does it tell you the route of the indirect flight? And when should you be travelling?

Edit:
Just dummy booked our dates and our outbound is only available as in indirect via Atlanta, and an hour later, or, 4 hours later.

Now I know the 10am flight wasn’t fully booked with PE seats (unless selections weren’t made by everyone yet), but I also know we were offered the 11am flight when we were looking and at that point it was direct!

Edited at 05:47 PM.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post

They have either removed the direct flight or showed some cabins sold out until they can put the new aircraft details into the booking system and transferred over existing passengers. No point selling any more seats if the 'new' flight might already be full if it's a smaller plane.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by SiandAm View Post
I also noticed this earlier, and was quite disappointed as it’s the first time in ages we’ve actually got a direct flight, and paid a premium to do so to be honest. Then my very logical 15 year old made a very valid point, that as the new planes have reduced capacity there are no further direct seats available to sell as they will have been allocated to those of us due to fly on the 747. This kind of makes sense as out outbound on a dummy booking says no direct flight but there is still availablity for direct on the return date.
Having said all of that I’m still doubtful we’ll actually at all in August.
Your 15 year old has a very apt point there! It makes perfect sense

Old 14 May 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Just checked our flight as we are due to fly in November and it states ‘there are not enough seats available on this flight please try flexible dates to see alternative options’. We were originally booked onto the 10am direct flight but looking at an email I recently received, they’ve moved us onto the 11.10am. I also paid for exit row seats in the bubble so will be interesting to see what happens as regards those seats.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List